Any jagd terriers!!!!!

16 hours ago, thomasb said:

Anyone on here keep jagd terriers,

heres a pic of my bitch I imported,so far so good?

4925D4CE-FC00-42EA-9F2A-C13F7979A474.jpeg

Ive never seen one in the flesh, whats it like to kennel and with other dogs? And what kind of hunting are you going to be using it for.... its definitely a nice looking terrier and I hope it does everything you wish... all the best of luck with it and may yous have many an enjoyable years together.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, stop.end said:

Ive never seen one in the flesh, whats it like to kennel and with other dogs? And what kind of hunting are you going to be using it for.... its definitely a nice looking terrier and I hope it does everything you wish... all the best of luck with it and may yous have many an enjoyable years together.

Thanks ? she is kennelled with a lurcher bitch and no problems at all, she doesn’t make a sound and I was told they are very noisy. She seems to have a very good nose and extremely high prey drive, she’s very game but mixes and bays which I like, so far I’m over the moon but we see how it goes. Thanks again 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Got a good one here mate had 2 that weren't upto It tho, have you done much with your bitch

Yea my mate had one but wasn’t much good but that’s the same as any terrier good and bad in all of them, Iv had six digs with her so far and she hasn’t put a foot wrong, have you had yours long?

1 hour ago, thomasb said:

Yea my mate had one but wasn’t much good but that’s the same as any terrier good and bad in all of them, Iv had six digs with her so far and she hasn’t put a foot wrong, have you had yours long?

Hes been with me about a year mate good dog not like most jagd I seen tho about 15tts and very strong head 

A couple of local lads got some in about 20 years ago. Never even heard of them before that. I found them on the big side. Good strong looking dog's, but probably too big for a lot of places. Sort of a jack of all trades I would say. One of them retrieved of land and water. Even fish!

Another turned out to be an excellent dog in cover. If he started baying, there was a fox on the way.  He would go to ground but as i said, too big for most places. That suited the lad who had him, because he'd rather get a few covers done, than maybe spend half the day digging.

Since that, I've seen one other Jagd. Tidy looking bitch. Nice bit smaller than the dogs mentioned. Small enough to make a useful earth dog. 

Edited by EDDIE B
2 hours ago, Busher100 said:

Hes been with me about a year mate good dog not like most jagd I seen tho about 15tts and very strong head 

Any pictures I would like to see a few others and mine would be about 14 inch and spannable 

4 hours ago, thomasb said:

Thanks ? she is kennelled with a lurcher bitch and no problems at all, she doesn’t make a sound and I was told they are very noisy. She seems to have a very good nose and extremely high prey drive, she’s very game but mixes and bays which I like, so far I’m over the moon but we see how it goes. Thanks again 

Recipe for disaster kennelling a terrier with a lurcher pal. Many a good quiet terriers killed in those circumstances

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Given that they are designed for more than just working holes are they more biddable than fells? Not the odd one, I mean as a general breed trait.

There is digging lines and ontop lines different things mate the ontop ones more leggy and used in packs for driven boar n that something you obviously  wouldn't use a digging dog for without a good chance of losing it, all the ones I owned were headstrong 1 bitch ran off on me not seen it since and both the jagd dogs I've owned have 0 recal 

Edited by Busher100
Missed somthing
  • Like 1