Well zeroed my new tikka 17 HMR in to day

What a nice little light weight gun and not as noisy as I thought it was going to be , but my god it’s accurate 

is it a easy job to adjust the trigger, I find it a bit heavy as standard 

• Like 4

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those poor mice ?

Well zeroed my new tikka 17 HMR in to day What a nice little light weight gun and not as noisy as I thought it was going to be , but my god it’s accurate  is it a easy job to adjust the trig

It’s .22 Phil. Mostly for corvids, fox and if we need to thin out hares. Also works well on rabbits but makes a mess on body shots and often removes the head with head shots. With the wildcat evo it’s

If it's the same unit as the CF versions just replace the spring under the adjuster for a lighter range. Don't just shorten it. It needs to be lighter not shorter.

If you can. Measure the wire thickness and free length then visit ebay and select lighter versions of spring.

• Like 1

The 20 grain gamepoint are most accurate in my cz, but not as frangible as the v max types. CCI tnt and Hornady v max are almost as accurate though, and I can get the Hornady’s for £12:50/50 box. However, I somehow managed to miss the last two squirrels that I took a shot at with the hmr. ?

• Like 1

As a matter of interest Mitch, why do you need a scope rail on the Tikka, is it for a Pard or Pulsar nv. My pal uses the Hornady and finds them to be very accurate and whilst you are there try some Hornady Varmint Express, copper plated HP .22lr. I must admit a liking for them, louder than subs but not bad, 1160fps.

Phil

• Like 1
3 hours ago, philpot said:

As a matter of interest Mitch, why do you need a scope rail on the Tikka, is it for a Pard or Pulsar nv. My pal uses the Hornady and finds them to be very accurate and whilst you are there try some Hornady Varmint Express, copper plated HP .22lr. I must admit a liking for them, louder than subs but not bad, 1160fps.

Phil

Rail is for the pard and prefer weaver mounts 

2 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

I was going to pick some up from livens, but they’ve just sold out?

I can see them taking off, I think our general obsession on being Uber quiet is a red herring! No body seems to notice the racket made when you hit your target! That can't be muffled out!

These will flatten out the traj a shade and make autos function more reliably too.

Sorry to side track Villaman.