Ruiz vs Joshua 2

Ruiz v Joshua 2  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

On 10/12/2019 at 08:35, MickC said:

Its yet to be seen mate, hes only had 1 fight at Heavyweight as a pro but he beat Joyce comfortably in a tournament and a couple of other big Heavyweights in the amateurs and Klitschko used him as a sparring partner in camp. Ironically when Wilder said Usyk was too small for a Heavyweight, Usyk reminded him on that he was in the same camp with Klitschko when Wilder was knocked out twice in sparring by Wlad then sent home.

Just  reading mick, that Aj  got to fight Usyk as his next fight, he got 160 days to get the deal done, or they strip him of one of his 4 belts , is this right mick ? if so wonder if Aj will fight, if so i believe  Aj will  KO  Usyk , even though he be smaller than Aj, i dont think he pose a threat like Ruiz did being the smaller man, Ruiz was 19st when beat up Aj , Usyk  be lucky to come in at a natural   weight 15 st , Aj should be to strong/ fast for him. but as we know anyting can happen when 2  15st + blokes hit each other, who do you think would win with these 2 .!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally I'd like to see the little fat fella put AJ on his arse again. It was the size of the fight in the dog and not the size of the dog which gave us the last result. AJ has to prove this time t

It makes the meeting between the 3 main fighters more interesting... Wilder cant change he is a 1 shot fighter, but probably the most dangerous because of that, Fury was shocking on his last figh

Fury may well out box him but he doesn't punch his weight so both AJ and wilder will back.themselves to take a punch to land their own, last night AJ boxed pretty well and done what he needed to do to

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, bird said:

Just  reading mick, that Aj  got to fight Usyk as his next fight, he got 160 days to get the deal done, or they strip him of one of his 4 belts , is this right mick ? if so wonder if Aj will fight, if so i believe  Aj will  KO  Usyk , even though he be smaller than Aj, i dont think he pose a threat like Ruiz did being the smaller man, Ruiz was 19st when beat up Aj , Usyk  be lucky to come in at a natural   weight 15 st , Aj should be to strong/ fast for him. but as we know anyting can happen when 2  15st + blokes hit each other, who do you think would win with these 2 .!  just out of interest mick, what was Ruiz payed in the rematch ? i know Aj got 60 million

1 hour ago, bird said:

Just  reading mick, that Aj  got to fight Usyk as his next fight, he got 160 days to get the deal done, or they strip him of one of his 4 belts , is this right mick ? if so wonder if Aj will fight, if so i believe  Aj will  KO  Usyk , even though he be smaller than Aj, i dont think he pose a threat like Ruiz did being the smaller man, Ruiz was 19st when beat up Aj , Usyk  be lucky to come in at a natural   weight 15 st , Aj should be to strong/ fast for him. but as we know anyting can happen when 2  15st + blokes hit each other, who do you think would win with these 2 .!

Hearn is negotiating now with the WBO according to the American forums. IBF mandatory is due now Joshua/Ruiz winner only kept the IBF belt as they both agreed to fight Pulev next after there fight. Joshua only fighting twice a year now so the mandatory fights have caught up with him. Be interesting to see what way they go but Hearn can't lose, Usyk is WBO no1 Fury no2 and Parker no3,with Fury signed up to the Wilder rematch that opens the door for a Usyk v Parker fight for the WBO belt with both of them being in the Matchroom stable. Hearn will be hoping to match Joshua up with the winner of the WBO belt later in the year,that's if Joshua does vacate. Joshua v Usyk would be an interesting match up, if Joshua fights the same as he did against Ruiz I can see Usyk beating him,he does not have the speed to out box Usyk,I think if they do fight Joshua would be back to his normal style as it would be more effective than trying to box Usyk. Usyk was 15st3 when he fought Witherspoon. Joshua and Usyk both good role models and ambassadors of the sport and both from top amateur backgrounds, it would be a great match up for the fans .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, MickC said:

Hearn is negotiating now with the WBO according to the American forums. IBF mandatory is due now Joshua/Ruiz winner only kept the IBF belt as they both agreed to fight Pulev next after there fight. Joshua only fighting twice a year now so the mandatory fights have caught up with him. Be interesting to see what way they go but Hearn can't lose, Usyk is WBO no1 Fury no2 and Parker no3,with Fury signed up to the Wilder rematch that opens the door for a Usyk v Parker fight for the WBO belt with both of them being in the Matchroom stable. Hearn will be hoping to match Joshua up with the winner of the WBO belt later in the year,that's if Joshua does vacate. Joshua v Usyk would be an interesting match up, if Joshua fights the same as he did against Ruiz I can see Usyk beating him,he does not have the speed to out box Usyk,I think if they do fight Joshua would be back to his normal style as it would be more effective than trying to box Usyk. Usyk was 15st3 when he fought Witherspoon. Joshua and Usyk both good role models and ambassadors of the sport and both from top amateur backgrounds, it would be a great match up for the fans .

Don't you think Hearn will make the Pulev fight and then negotiate with the WBO to accept Usyk being next fight as part of the deal? It will mean more to him to keep AJ with the belts. If they start spreading then it gives wilder/fury someone else to go for. Usyk being in Hearns camp makes it an easier negotiation with WBO regards it.

Personally I don't think any should be vacated. The two organisations should accept reasonable time scales. Having said that I don't think it needs 6 months till next fight. With the condition he got himself in and considering he hardly caught a clip AJ could fight again next week. Either Pulev or Usyk. I don't see why both fights couldn't be done within a few months from now. 

I can understand a long lead and training for a big fight like wilder or Fury. But Pulev or Usyk? I don't think they are on that level.

24 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

Don't you think Hearn will make the Pulev fight and then negotiate with the WBO to accept Usyk being next fight as part of the deal? It will mean more to him to keep AJ with the belts. If they start spreading then it gives wilder/fury someone else to go for. Usyk being in Hearns camp makes it an easier negotiation with WBO regards it.

Personally I don't think any should be vacated. The two organisations should accept reasonable time scales. Having said that I don't think it needs 6 months till next fight. With the condition he got himself in and considering he hardly caught a clip AJ could fight again next week. Either Pulev or Usyk. I don't see why both fights couldn't be done within a few months from now. 

I can understand a long lead and training for a big fight like wilder or Fury. But Pulev or Usyk? I don't think they are on that level.

Like I said mate Hearn is already negotiating with the WBO. There is reasonable time scales but the mandatorys have caught up as Joshua is only fighting twice a year now since 2017. Joshua only fights twice a year like other big  ppv stars to keep his ppv sales high ( a modern day income boxers of the past could not tap into so fought more often). Hearn can't lose either way it turns out,plus if Joshua vacates then there is no more talk of an Undisputed fight between him and Wilder/Fury winner.Hopefully Joshua does not vacate and we get to see the mandatory fights in 2020 and then the Undisputed fight in early 2021. Usyk is not an easy fight for any of the top Heavyweights.Time will tell and we will see how it all plays out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleksandr_Usyk

Edited by MickC
1 hour ago, MickC said:

Like I said mate Hearn is already negotiating with the WBO. There is reasonable time scales but the mandatorys have caught up as Joshua is only fighting twice a year now since 2017. Joshua only fights twice a year like other big  ppv stars to keep his ppv sales high ( a modern day income boxers of the past could not tap into so fought more often). Hearn can't lose either way it turns out,plus if Joshua vacates then there is no more talk of an Undisputed fight between him and Wilder/Fury winner.Hopefully Joshua does not vacate and we get to see the mandatory fights in 2020 and then the Undisputed fight in early 2021. Usyk is not an easy fight for any of the top Heavyweights.Time will tell and we will see how it all plays out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleksandr_Usyk

I'm not saying Usyk would be an easy fight, I don't think anyone at that end is, however he is 3-4inch shorter and 1-3stone lighter than others. I think AJ Fury and Wilder all beat him for different reasons. I think they beat everyone else aswell. The only fights are between them 3 now for me.

Regards PPV numbers people who pay for AJ fights would pay for that twice in 6months as much as they would twice in a year. I don't know technically much about boxing having had no training but I enjoy watching it and I do pay for fights I want to watch. What's worse, losing a belt or PPV figures being down a bit? 

AJ has always said he wanted undisputed. Also always said he is a fighter and a warrior. If his two options are have 2/3 fights close together keep your belts and upset Hearn then I can't see him giving a belt up over PPV numbers.

If it's given up then it won't come back as easy because of all this politics. 

I genuinly believe the only reason wilder fury hasn't been announced is wilder and el moron wanted to see if Ruiz won and if he did they would've gone for him instead of fury. As it's AJ that won they will go for Fury knowing he isn't as much of a threat to wilder. Wilder darent even roll around with Whyte and would've made a lot more money with that fight than he did against stiverne and a 40 yr old Ortiz. He avoids the dangerous fights where he might be exposed.

If the rumours are right Hearn offered 50/50 split on 3 belts to 1. Wilder turned it down.

AJ wants the belts, should beat wilder. Wilder not that bothered, has much more than a punchers chance. Fury easily beats em both if he concentrates.

I may be naive though!

I'd pay to see all of them fights regardless of how close they were.

Ryaldinhio  Joshua is the biggest earner/biggest draw/ most marketable fighter in the Heavyweight division the WBO know the biggest sanctioning fees they will get are from him so I will be surprised if a deal is not made with them. Hearn has too much say in Boxing, he was instrumental in getting Fury stripped of the IBF belt when the mandatory was due, Hearn was also instrumental in getting Saunders stripped of the WBO title. Yet Hearn the hypocrite has no shame in lobbying the IBF and now the WBO so Joshua can keep both belts, had Ruiz won the rematch Hearn would now be lobbying the IBF and WBO to strip him of both belts. The big modern day Promoters have too much say in Boxing tbh .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 3

Joshua has 180 days to defend his WBO belt against Usyk so it is possible for him to hold onto it. Should the WBO belt be relinquished it would be Usyk v the next highest ranked available fighter which would be Parker. 

The heavyweight scene has got really interesting over the last couple of years. Some genuine fights to look forward to and new contenders emerging all the time. We'll never get the seventies scenario again but at least it's more entertaining now than it has been for a generation.

34 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Is it possible usyk vs parker could agree for an interim with a view to fighting AJ after the date wbo has stated?

It is possible RT but I cant see Usyk fighting/risking it with Parker with nothing at stake.Usyk has a guaranteed World title shot already and both Usyk and Parker know the winner has a much better deal/money if they fight Joshua in a unification fight rather than just as a challenger. Step aside money is possible also, just have to see how it plays out. jmo

Edited by MickC

It does make me laugh all this jockeying for position and reaching the highest point possible without having to take a punch !.... its one thing i like about Joshua he is the realist most down to earth fighter up there.....look at the facts.....of the current top crop of heavyweights Joshua has beaten 4 of them.....Wilder has beaten 1 of them.....and Fury has beaten 0 of them !.....yet Joshua is the one under pressure to fight mandatories ?.....what happened to FIGHTING your way into position as a challenger,now they just stand in a queue.

It would be nice now if Joshua was able to say " i tell you what Wilder/Fury.....stop fighting road sweepers and old men,get some credible wins behind you and i might fit you in somewhere "....but no the politics of heavyweight boxing constantly steer away from common sense.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1