Ruiz vs Joshua 2

Ruiz v Joshua 2  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

Must admit i didnt think Joshua had a performance like that in him.....i didnt think he had the legs or discipline to win a long tactical fight either from a boxing or cardio point of view but it shows what a gifted athlete he really is.....how many sluggers at that level can just do a complete 360 and win a jab and move contest....the obvious difference i see in Joshua is that he has at last learned to relax in a fight,that stiff,tight style he usually has is very draining and saps your energy even when your not working particularly hard....last night he was loose and relaxed and that kept him at a lovely idle throughout the fight.....i always said from his early days that his best attribute was his willingness to learn,listen and do exactly as he was told with no fuss..... he was never a natural but soaked up info like a sponge and the fact that he totally changed his fighting style for this fight shows he is still a brilliant student of the sport.

His footwork although not quick was correct in its placement,his tempo was much smoother.....he looks very naive when he tries to claim and tie up on the inside thats something he must work on but he put on an excellent display and showed great versatility to modify his style and discipline so dramatically.

As regards fighting the other big 2 something that stands out now to me is that Wilder can punch but he cant box.....Fury can box but he cant punch.....Joshua can do both he would have no problem outboxing Wilder who is a terrible boxer and no problem slugging Fury who is a terrible slugger.....but obviously thats only on paper......adding another string to his bow like this will certainly have given the other lads plenty to think about though.

• Like 5

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally I'd like to see the little fat fella put AJ on his arse again. It was the size of the fight in the dog and not the size of the dog which gave us the last result. AJ has to prove this time t

It makes the meeting between the 3 main fighters more interesting... Wilder cant change he is a 1 shot fighter, but probably the most dangerous because of that, Fury was shocking on his last figh

Fury may well out box him but he doesn't punch his weight so both AJ and wilder will back.themselves to take a punch to land their own, last night AJ boxed pretty well and done what he needed to do to

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Must admit i didnt think Joshua had a performance like that in him.....i didnt think he had the legs or discipline to win a long tactical fight either from a boxing or cardio point of view but it shows what a gifted athlete he really is.....how many sluggers at that level can just do a complete 360 and win a jab and move contest....the obvious difference i see in Joshua is that he has at last learned to relax in a fight,that stiff,tight style he usually has is very draining and saps your energy even when your not working particularly hard....last night he was loose and relaxed and that kept him at a lovely idle throughout the fight.....i always said from his early days that his best attribute was his willingness to learn,listen and do exactly as he was told with no fuss..... he was never a natural but soaked up info like a sponge and the fact that he totally changed his fighting style for this fight shows he is still a brilliant student of the sport.

His footwork although not quick was correct in its placement,his tempo was much smoother.....he looks very naive when he tries to claim and tie up on the inside thats something he must work on but he put on an excellent display and showed great versatility to modify his style and discipline so dramatically.

As regards fighting the other big 2 something that stands out now to me is that Wilder can punch but he cant box.....Fury can box but he cant punch.....Joshua can do both he would have no problem outboxing Wilder who is a terrible boxer and no problem slugging Fury who is a terrible slugger.....but obviously thats only on paper......adding another string to his bow like this will certainly have given the other lads plenty to think about though.

It makes the meeting between the 3 main fighters more interesting...

Wilder cant change he is a 1 shot fighter, but probably the most dangerous because of that, Fury was shocking on his last fight and lucky to get through it, yet the Fury band wagon claims he only gets up for a big fight ... Joshua was shocking in the first Ruiz fight, comes back and boxes perfectly to get the win, yet is smashed for doing exactly what Fury does most fights.... as you rightly he has put a new string to his bow, we all know he can finish now we know he can box....dont mean hes gonna beat either Wilder or Fury, but gives him a great platform to build from....

• Like 7

I had Ruiz for the early ko, but hats off to AJ he done a great job and deserved the win, the leaner AJ is a much bigger threat to the other 2 at the top as he’s the more all rounder and capable of taking yer head off with a punch, hopefully makes for more exciting fights ahead for us punters

The funniest thing for me last night was sitting watching on the telly and an old pal of mine and ex fighter from West Ham Dean Hollington comes up on the screen in front of millions of people blatantly doing a selfie with Canelo Alvarez.....Deans on the British Board of Control these days so was there for good reason but that was unforgivable he,ll take some serious ribbing for that what a mug ?

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

It makes the meeting between the 3 main fighters more interesting...

Wilder cant change he is a 1 shot fighter, but probably the most dangerous because of that, Fury was shocking on his last fight and lucky to get through it, yet the Fury band wagon claims he only gets up for a big fight ... Joshua was shocking in the first Ruiz fight, comes back and boxes perfectly to get the win, yet is smashed for doing exactly what Fury does most fights.... as you rightly he has put a new string to his bow, we all know he can finish now we know he can box....dont mean hes gonna beat either Wilder or Fury, but gives him a great platform to build from....

That works both ways mate fury gets grief for using his feet and using his jab wheres aj did the same and boxed out his skin. 

Cant wait for the 3 main men to fight and put this to bed mate tbh lol

• Like 1