Hare raising

So me and the long one decided to go for a wander out for an hour or so with the .17’s when we arrived at our destination longshanx mentioned that someone was after a couple of hares so as we were in the right place for them I said we will see what we can do, with very few rabbits about we headed to the top of the fields, three hares sat in the middle of the field, so he took the first one at about 65 yards, with the other 2 making a break for it we headed along the bottom of the fields back towards the motor, we spotted the next one  a good way off but with the direction of the wind it knew we were there, putting the rifle up on his sticks the long one produced a lovely 125 yard head shot, mission accomplished and game order complete we headed off to have a look where I’d been baiting up for a fox for my little shooting mate to have a go at and would you believe it all the bait had gone, so it looks like we have got one coming in, so we set the camera back up and baited it again so we will see what comes of that

9379217B-E765-44EF-9304-26A8E0082DC4.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ianm said:

I don't like shooting hares, i have done but instantly regretted it. Probably down to the fact i think hare selection for breeding should be done with a decent lurcher. 

I've got long legs and can run like forest gump if that qualifys Ian, was having an off day so had to shoot it instead. 

• Haha 4
9 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I use to get a chap a hare occasionally but he preferred the mountain hare over the brown.

I was stalking in Scotland often then so would bring him one occasionally.

Not heard any fox's around me yet still!

Half 7 Saturday morning watched 1 follow my scent to the high seat looked up realising  i was looking at her through a leupold vx1 and im sure i heard a "GULP" as worked out what i was .Luckyist fox in britain as too shoot her would have scared every Fallow in half a mile so i reluctantly watched her walk away ,the guide went back for her Sunday but im guessing she got the bus home as a no show thats stalking for you

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Half 7 Saturday morning watched 1 follow my scent to the high seat looked up realising  i was looking at her through a leupold vx1 and im sure i heard a "GULP" as worked out what i was .Luckyist fox in britain as too shoot her would have scared every Fallow in half a mile so i reluctantly watched her walk away ,the guide went back for her Sunday but im guessing she got the bus home as a no show thats stalking for you

I've had fox's that close mate that when they clock you I can see their expression drop as in " oh poop"!

• Like 2