V Mach

I hear on the grape vine he’s shut shop mate. Obviously, what people say and what actually happens are two different things.

I certainly don’t think he does custom work anymore. 

What makes you ask... may I ask ?

On 03/12/2019 at 20:50, Bryan said:

Just looking to get a classic springer tuned 

Here's the man you need for classic V-Mach work Bryan.

Lyn worked with Steve for years and carries out a lot of V-Mach work.

March 2019, Lyn put a V-Mach engine into my MK1 FWB Sport 124 ( .177 )- boy did that come back a different beast !

Lyn Lewington, Arc Tuning,

51 Firs RD, Caldicot,

Monmouthshire, NP264DR, 

Good Luck :good:

• Like 2

Here's mine after Lyn put in a v glide kit and fitted my slim barrel weight by Jonny neate.

It's great, but I will be honest and admit the firing cycle was not what I was hoping for.

I was thinking it would make it smoother to shoot, but it's actually the opposite.

Very quick and snappy. Not harsh, but definitely not smooth.

However Lyn's work is without question, I just bought the wrong product.

IMG_20190417_161518.jpg

7 hours ago, mole trapper said:

Here's mine after Lyn put in a v glide kit and fitted my slim barrel weight by Jonny neate.

It's great, but I will be honest and admit the firing cycle was not what I was hoping for.

I was thinking it would make it smoother to shoot, but it's actually the opposite.

Very quick and snappy. Not harsh, but definitely not smooth.

However Lyn's work is without question, I just bought the wrong product.

IMG_20190417_161518.jpg

Looks like a nice piece fella. I’m surprised it’s snappy though. My .22 v-mac has just a dull “thut” and virtually no recoil. Is yours .177 or .22?

Maybe that is the way to describe a V-Mach engine room, different and a very quick shot cycle to say the least.

After half an hour of constant practice my groups came down to 5p sizes at 38 yards and then you start to understand and master the rifles new characteristics.

Don't forget , the FWB is just 7lbs in weight and then a V-Mach engine is put in her  :whistling:

I also tried a light weight 7.87 g JSB Express pellet sat on the telescopic sight turret through the firing cycle, - it hardly even nudged never mind move :shok:, incredible.

Here are the figures after the V-Mach installation.

JSB Exact Express, 7.87g, 4.52.

810 ft/sec ( max` difference between 10 shots = 6ft/sec )

11.47 ft/lbs

IMG_1384.JPG.9c149a9a17a8ab0c0ea1b59f46c406a5.JPG

I would suggest after a V-Mach engine room is fitted to a rifle that the owner shoot it exclusively for a while and then the rifle is mastered. :good:

atb. Mark.