Jollyquick whippets

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was you there when he would put the pics of a hole five foot by five foot wide for a three to four foot deep dig on the working whippet forum or was you there when they ran a hare to ground then put a

If your looking to find a good ped whippet and your asking about jq whippets save your money and buy a little lurcher mate 

I youst to go out ferreting with   danny very nice lad easy to get on with but he’s in it for the money youst to have a few litters at a time on and I never seen any of the breeding stock worked the o

katchum are they ped or non ped are they working or race bred been fancying a whippet but have not had owt to do with em for 30years ive heard ov jollyquick before are they worth a punt for the lamp cheers

cheers for that katchum i know what your saying i can put my hands on a non ped track type but they can turn out tiny that they could not see over the rough when lamping all information is good though  

• 2 weeks later...

I youst to go out ferreting with   danny very nice lad easy to get on with but he’s in it for the money youst to have a few litters at a time on and I never seen any of the breeding stock worked the ones he brought Ferreting really didn’t know what they was doing And  Danny  wasn’t really experienced his self  not knowing how to Locate ferrets until I shown him and he was selling as race/working dogs How is his dogs supposed to know what they are doing if he Dosent    .... it’s common sense  if you want a dog for working get it out of working  stock NOT puppy farming stock ........ people seem to think the dog knows it’s called jolly quick so it will be quicker it’s just a name 

Hope this helps good luck 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Ebo said:

I youst to go out ferreting with   danny very nice lad easy to get on with but he’s in it for the money youst to have a few litters at a time on and I never seen any of the breeding stock worked the ones he brought Ferreting really didn’t know what they was doing And  Danny  wasn’t really experienced his self  not knowing how to Locate ferrets until I shown him and he was selling as race/working dogs How is his dogs supposed to know what they are doing if he Dosent    .... it’s common sense  if you want a dog for working get it out of working  stock NOT puppy farming stock ........ people seem to think the dog knows it’s called jolly quick so it will be quicker it’s just a name 

Hope this helps good luck 

Gotta say I'm in the middle here. I've been out countless times with both Katchum and Jollyquick. Both are good lads, neither can climb a wall though ?

Is he in it for money, bit of both and tbh most that bought (I believe) went to pet owners and people who want to show. Yes he loves a rosette or two, not my thing but so what ?‍♂️

As for knowing what he is doing, I have to disagree. Been out a few times with him and fezzers and he had a few of the old knocker blocks situated around the buries (pretty big tbf) and had no problem locating.

Mind going out one night on my permission with my old lurcher (Trevor) and one of his young dogs. Had a rabbit sat tight in the beam, about 6-7 yards away and the pup just stared at it, while Trev is pulling like a cnut lol. Eventually we let Trev have it ?

Never saw his dogs in a mess, kennels were always clean and pups always well taken care of... 

If I wanted a whippet, I wouldve taken a pup ;)

• Haha 1

most these people breeding modern day whippets are good liers ??hope you don’t get your pants pulled Down on a pup bred out of young dogs that ain’t done much an are breed for kc reg lines an charged a premium for Seems to be the norm these days with whippets an bedlingtons breeding for money same as bedlington whippets......

• Like 1
10 hours ago, mushroom said:

Gotta say I'm in the middle here. I've been out countless times with both Katchum and Jollyquick. Both are good lads, neither can climb a wall though ?

Is he in it for money, bit of both and tbh most that bought (I believe) went to pet owners and people who want to show. Yes he loves a rosette or two, not my thing but so what ?‍♂️

As for knowing what he is doing, I have to disagree. Been out a few times with him and fezzers and he had a few of the old knocker blocks situated around the buries (pretty big tbf) and had no problem locating.

Mind going out one night on my permission with my old lurcher (Trevor) and one of his young dogs. Had a rabbit sat tight in the beam, about 6-7 yards away and the pup just stared at it, while Trev is pulling like a cnut lol. Eventually we let Trev have it ?

Never saw his dogs in a mess, kennels were always clean and pups always well taken care of... 

If I wanted a whippet, I wouldve taken a pup ;)

Was you there when he would put the pics of a hole five foot by five foot wide for a three to four foot deep dig on the working whippet forum or was you there when they ran a hare to ground then put a ferret in and dug it out or was you there when he takes shots with his shotgun at rabbits while a whippet is running them. Jollythick he is known as around here mate.

Edited by Trev70
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4