Let’s see your collie greyhounds

No the main one was he was scared of other dogs, any dog no matter how small ,if he saw a dog hundreds of yards away he would instantly start looking for an exit, but with in a mile of our house he was the opposite he would rip apart anything that looked at him the wrong way .I have seen similar in Dingo and Wolves in documentaries .When out of their turf they are cowards but when back on their turf they become brave to fight for their ground.

Not something I would expect in a domestic dog it drove me mad it was only with age he seem to grow out of it ,but not until he was about 7 or 8 years old.

He was OK with friends and relations dogs he had known a long time ,but rabbiting with any new dogs you didn't know if he was going to be timid or kick off.

• Like 1

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

11th generation collie greyhound

My collie greyhound x whippet greyhound bitch can’t fault her  

Swifty, Daughter of Jock and Dusty...    

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, dave j p said:

No the main one was he was scared of other dogs, any dog no matter how small ,if he saw a dog hundreds of yards away he would instantly start looking for an exit, but with in a mile of our house he was the opposite he would rip apart anything that looked at him the wrong way .I have seen similar in Dingo and Wolves in documentaries .When out of their turf they are cowards but when back on their turf they become brave to fight for their ground.

Not something I would expect in a domestic dog it drove me mad it was only with age he seem to grow out of it ,but not until he was about 7 or 8 years old.

He was OK with friends and relations dogs he had known a long time ,but rabbiting with any new dogs you didn't know if he was going to be timid or kick off.

yeah that is strange but collies can be a strange ole kettle o fish 

Yeah I said it

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Black neck said:

yeah that is strange but collies can be a strange ole kettle o fish 

Yeah I said it

They can be sensitive souls I like a nice racey collie x though but can’t see my self owning another collie cross any time soon 

1 hour ago, neil b said:

0069644C-D96F-4A9A-BF8F-820C219653A8.jpeg.e59fdb7d244e9bfa9b6c2eff5fb005c4.jpegcoming up 8 this backend 

brill that to hold a bucket on its head, did it take lot of training   lol, not a collie fan, but there easy to train  as colliejohn   would say lol

• Haha 3