Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

11th generation collie greyhound

My collie greyhound x whippet greyhound bitch can’t fault her  

Swifty, Daughter of Jock and Dusty...    

Posted Images

5 hours ago, colliejohn said:

Two of Dans offspring to my Collie bitch Liz. Regards Collie John.

19E6CB68-D365-4C80-B496-6B575D3111B7.jpeg

Type of cur I want in the future , something you could walk anywhere without drawing attention to yourself 

• Like 2

Looking well mate... I love the look of the bottom dog he really is a stunning dog mate ..... I hope everything goes well for you in the future mate and would love to see them as they mature .... keep up with the good work mate and hands up to you for keeping with your future plans mate ... especially with way people have rediculed you  , but you’ve carried on regardless...... the future is looking well 

all the best 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, dingo dancer said:

Looking well mate... I love the look of the bottom dog he really is a stunning dog mate ..... I hope everything goes well for you in the future mate and would love to see them as they mature .... keep up with the good work mate and hands up to you for keeping with your future plans mate ... especially with way people have rediculed you  , but you’ve carried on regardless...... the future is looking well 

all the best 

Don't get the wrong end of the stick fella, there's no ridiculing been going on, we don't count Bill Hardy, he's a fecking pissed up old idiot.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, dytkos said:

Don't get the wrong end of the stick fella, there's no ridiculing been going on, we don't count Bill Hardy, he's a fecking pissed up old idiot.

Cheers, D.

No think he means on the old thread when people took the piss ,

must say that white faced dog is stunning in my eyes .

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Like your base gravy JohnBoy..?

When you have such animals available, you have a unique choice....you can either stay put and enjoy working, a rough and ready Moucher's cur,..OR,.if you fancy a wee bit more excitement and devilment,...you can always go in search of the best hare killers and deer catchers in the UK and utilize their superb genes... It is a great position to be in...:clapper:

Personally,..due to my own situation, locally,..plus my semi-retired existence, I like to tone things down a tad and breed in lurchers, with a strong whippet influence..

Collie John now has free access, to a nice group of potential breeding stock and being a mere babe in arms,..should he decide to go down that route,he is assured an interesting breeding project, .I like breeding a few pups, they are great fun,..but, it's too late for me, so it is good to see that (at least with the pastoral hybrids, and I include the Kelpie Kids in this) we are now, spoilt for choice.

All the best to all crosses,...Happy Xmas,..Phil..:good:

CDMM5964.jpg

http://www.chalkwarren.co.uk/

Thanks for the kind words Phil. Regards Collie John.

Phil what does the whippet do for the dogs you keep I've been doing a bit of ferreting with the keepers whippet this season he is really fast if we are ferreting in hedges and faster take off speed but is that the reason for crossing them into your collie greyhound 

As you so rightly say,...the more diminutive types of lurcher, often suit the frequently, close combat style of rabbiting, that a hedgerow hunter requires...

Nowadays, I tend work the dogs exclusively, amidst such places.:good:

Obviously, it is great to take up the generous offers of a weekend away, and to try my luck on the Dales, the Moors and the Fells,...but sure as eggs is eggs,..ya still have to come back home...?

Dusty head study.JPG

http://www.chalkwarren.co.uk/

• Like 8