• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

11th generation collie greyhound

My collie greyhound x whippet greyhound bitch can’t fault her  

Swifty, Daughter of Jock and Dusty...    

Posted Images

Mine half cross border collie greyhound pic taken a few months ago she is 10 months now and 24 inches and fairly bullet proof takes most things in her stride been ferreting twice a week since october and never put a foot wrong starting her on the lamp when the moon goes down a bit 

20190818_090921.jpg

• Like 5
6 hours ago, dingo dancer said:

Looks like the collie greyhounds are dying out ...... don’t think anyone as any lol 

The games changed fast so must the dogs Some people who have kept the type have noticed this an customised the blood in there dogs to suit there needs an style of hunting...

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, poxon said:

The games changed fast so must the dogs Some people who have kept the type have noticed this an customised the blood in there dogs to suit there needs an style of hunting...

Astute ? 

Cheers, D.

4 hours ago, fatlad said:

Mine half cross border collie greyhound pic taken a few months ago she is 10 months now and 24 inches and fairly bullet proof takes most things in her stride been ferreting twice a week since october and never put a foot wrong starting her on the lamp when the moon goes down a bit 

20190818_090921.jpg

Fair play retrieving that sized wheel n tyre ?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Phil Lloyd said:

? I try to retain plenty of sheepdog savvy, however, I now prefer to put some whippet into the mix , just to keep the size down, for the old hedgerow job.?

DSC_0094.JPG

Out of interest Phil how much whippet blood is in that dog ,And was it a racy leggy type of collie  to start with ?

3 hours ago, poxon said:

Collie greyhounds are a very versatile cross pal and can be worked to fur feather etc. Regards Collie John.

F18D0B63-AF0F-48B2-B3E8-731AB0D6322A.jpeg

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, colliejohn said:

Collie greyhounds are a very versatile cross pal and can be worked to fur feather etc. Regards Collie John.

F18D0B63-AF0F-48B2-B3E8-731AB0D6322A.jpeg

I don’t need to be educated how versatile a collie cross can be I’ve worked with a few ?my one I have sat beside me now was a very genuine bitch in her day.day an night an not limited to just rabbits ??I’m not a newbie To collie xs or bedlington xs there my types of Lurchers ??in my eyes a cross between the both xs Suit me to the ground an what I plan on keeping for the future personally I think they are a more a forgiving cross than a straight collie x Just on what I’ve experienced on my lands I think there more universal that’s my opinion any way??  ? so I’m hearing the  From people who add pups off me opinions that you don’t need a bull cross to retrieve/track shot teeth/deer regular or a spaniel as a regular gun dog or a lab to get registered as a assistants dog or a straight collie for obedience dog opinions starting to change ...all about the right ingredients  ??I look at the twix cross as herbs an spices the fullest flavours in the melting pot the collie x is the herbs lovely mild flavour the bedlington x as the spices For the extra heat kick but there’s no denial the flavours work very well together complimenting one another in the pot ???? 

your dogs cj are your blend like you’ve said before on other threads times have changed for you so has the crossing you keep that being the reasoning for the heavy drop of collie in your dogs you personally don’t need fast dogs for what you need the games changed for you ??‍♂️ the games changed fast cj so must the dogs it’s a undeniable fact sadly mate for people’s individual needs 

18 minutes ago, poxon said:

I don’t need to be educated how versatile a collie cross can be I’ve worked with a few ?my one I have sat beside me now was a very genuine bitch in her day.day an night an not limited to just rabbits ??I’m not a newbie To collie xs or bedlington xs there my types of Lurchers ??in my eyes a cross between the both xs Suit me to the ground an what I plan on keeping for the future personally I think they are a more a forgiving cross than a straight collie x Just on what I’ve experienced on my lands I think there more universal that’s my opinion any way??  ? so I’m hearing the  From people who add pups off me opinions that you don’t need a bull cross to retrieve/track shot teeth/deer regular or a spaniel as a regular gun dog or a lab to get registered as a assistants dog or a straight collie for obedience dog opinions starting to change ...all about the right ingredients  ??I look at the twix cross as herbs an spices the fullest flavours in the melting pot the collie x is the herbs lovely mild flavour the bedlington x as the spices For the extra heat kick but there’s no denial the flavours work very well together complimenting one another in the pot ???? 

your dogs cj are your blend like you’ve said before on other threads times have changed for you so has the crossing you keep that being the reasoning for the heavy drop of collie in your dogs you personally don’t need fast dogs for what you need the games changed for you ??‍♂️ the games changed fast cj so must the dogs it’s a undeniable fact sadly mate for people’s individual needs 

I applaud your dedication to your type of cross pal, nowadays has I ain’t getter any younger my enthusiasm has well has slightly dwindled, I think our sport has seen better days I have been fortunate to have seen and worked my dogs in the halcyon days days so to speak, I feel sorry for the younger people coming into our sport, times have changed culturally, socially and lack of game rabbits in particular, I think the more mooching types will become more popular in years to come it’s a shame really but our sport is f****d. Regards Collie John.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Ffs d mek us a shepherds pie 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, Black neck said:

Ffs d mek us a shepherds pie 

I think it's everyone to there own some people love collie grey  and some hate them u wouldn't get nothernlite have one  he loves his Bedlingtons but then u wouldn't get torchie have anything else horses for course's 

• Like 2