Let’s see your collie greyhounds

4 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Looks a nice type, I’m sure there is a line of bedlington lurchers in Scotland that goes back to the 1960s.. Takes a lot of dedication to breed a line of dogs.. ignore the bell ends who knock it.. they probably on their 3rd dog this year.

Not to nock the bedlington Lurchers in Scotland I’m not nocking them at all but are they really a true line or are they a type bred ? I’m going for type bred rather than a true line??

• Like 1

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

11th generation collie greyhound

My collie greyhound x whippet greyhound bitch can’t fault her  

Swifty, Daughter of Jock and Dusty...    

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Looks a nice type, I’m sure there is a line of bedlington lurchers in Scotland that goes back to the 1960s.. Takes a lot of dedication to breed a line of dogs.. ignore the bell ends who knock it.. they probably on their 3rd dog this year.

Where did people knock it ???

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Is that one them collie crosses plummer started breeding?

The big dog on the left was one of his early ones bred from some of the dogs he wrote about in his books and cost my mate £250 the little whippet X on the right cost me £2.50 from the dogs home and would beat the big dog on everything, single handed Fox,s ,hares and bunny’s day or night the big thing was useless despite my mate putting no end of effort into it, I even dug to the whippet a few times but I was young and single and out 5days a week, the Plummer was really slow to get started and once he did start working he would knock toes up every time he went out, a nights lamping or a days coursing would normally leave him lame for a fortnight, certainly not good value for money unless you enjoyed watching your prize stud run alongside a fox for two fields trying to get it to play ??? 

DCA02F10-0671-45C1-905C-B311A9216105.jpeg

• Like 4
6 hours ago, poxon said:

Not to nock the bedlington Lurchers in Scotland I’m not nocking them at all but are they really a true line or are they a type bred ? I’m going for type bred rather than a true line??

They got corgi and haggis hound anthem way back I'm told

• Like 1