Making a bow back box and long net

JLP.  Yes mate that's the stuff. Light as hell and very easy to fix. As I said you can have the carcass already made, also the shoulder strap and some aluminium mesh for the front. All you would need are the hinges and an hasp. Have you had a look at the ones I've made, posted on here? Jok.

Haha. Is it just the bowed back that you make out of fibreglass. Been playing around with getting a mould made up by one of the pattern/ mould makers who come in our work for fibreglass materials. Just to play about with really and a box for myself, I’m not handy at all. Probably work out too expensive though getting a split mould made. Don’t know if would end up much lighter than timber either. 

Gaza. I only tried the fibreglass idea because I had some roof sheets available and looking outside the box  decided it was an alternative. The overall box weight, both the poacher and the double bowback, is , to say the least, light. I was always looking for inexpensive ways to create a lightweight box and thinking about your comment, fibreglass construction might be the way to go. Having said that, with the decline of the rabbit, we might not need ferret boxes ffs. Jok.

On 05/12/2019 at 18:12, J L PARKES said:

Yes made nets before just just want some tips on long net and haven't a clue about a bow back box lol thanks for the advice many thanks 

A longnet is easy to make if you've made purse nets.

Just start the net on a ring or a triangle, knit the desired width, then keep on knitting till you've finished

On 06/12/2019 at 21:09, lllluke1 said:

A longnet is easy to make if you've made purse nets.

Just start the net on a ring or a triangle, knit the desired width, then keep on knitting till you've finished

I use 2 triangles, knit off one for 4ft or so, clip the other one through the meshes and then knit off that triangle, remove other one and drop completed net into a carrier bag, just keep repeating.

11 hours ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

I use 2 triangles, knit off one for 4ft or so, clip the other one through the meshes and then knit off that triangle, remove other one and drop completed net into a carrier bag, just keep repeating.

I don't bother with a second triangle, I just use a bit of twine