Making a bow back box and long net

23 minutes ago, J L PARKES said:

Hi can amd one tell how to make a bow back box and a long net please or point me in the right direction 

First things first, have you ever made any type of net before?  If you have, a longnet is quite simple, knit a row of meshes to the desired width ( I like 14 meshes at 4.25" mesh), then carry on till you get to your desired length.

For the bow back box, when I made one, I used 1/2" ply for the main body of the box, and then used thin ply (can't remember exactly how thin, 3 or 5 mm I think) for the bow part. 

I'm sure somewhere on her there is instruction videos for net making and there is also bound to be sizes for a box on here.

Cheers Luke

TBF I've made that many I can't remember where they have all gone. The one box that really springs to mind went to Australia, to Sir Blessed. He, admittedly , adjusted a little bit,, added some white paint and went for it. It's always a pleasure to hear from  him but not for quite a while. Like Nelson, I love to hear feedback from supplying a product and hope that everyone continues to enjoy .jok.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, jok said:

TBF I've made that many I can't remember where they have all gone. The one box that really springs to mind went to Australia, to Sir Blessed. He, admittedly , adjusted a little bit,, added some white paint and went for it. It's always a pleasure to hear from  him but not for quite a while. Like Nelson, I love to hear feedback from supplying a product and hope that everyone continues to enjoy .jok.

Jok, your boxes are made with pride, that's plain to see. Folk who have that attitude towards their work will always produce better quality than those that only have an interest in the ££ note. 

• Thanks 1

J.L.Parkes. Right son. I've winkled it out and to be fair, you don't have to do much. If you want the basics then just say yes and for the cost of a bit of postage it'll be on it's way to you. As the lads on here will tell you, I use fibreglass sheet for the back bow which is a lot easier than plywood. Each to his own however. Jok.

• Like 1

Easy enough to knit a long net can be done during the summer when it quiet and gives you time to knit 100% bagging  , but to buy in all the stuff for one box your better picking a guy you like the look of his boxes and buy one it will be cheaper  

On 30/11/2019 at 23:02, lllluke1 said:

First things first, have you ever made any type of net before?  If you have, a longnet is quite simple, knit a row of meshes to the desired width ( I like 14 meshes at 4.25" mesh), then carry on till you get to your desired length.

For the bow back box, when I made one, I used 1/2" ply for the main body of the box, and then used thin ply (can't remember exactly how thin, 3 or 5 mm I think) for the bow part. 

I'm sure somewhere on her there is instruction videos for net making and there is also bound to be sizes for a box on here.

Cheers Luke

Yes made nets before just just want some tips on long net and havnt a clue about a bow back box lol thanks for the advice many thanks