Sign in to follow this  
riohog

sharp stuff

work in progress kitchen knives  , a real pain in the boll...blending the grinds so there is no grind line ,lot of work yet  before heat  treatement                        ,then a fkn lot more after 

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

• Like 6

couple ready to go up to argyle and bute , 4.5" petty  knife and chefs knife  ended up 2mm blades  after grinding  , bohler n690  austrian premium stainless  ,g10 handles  416  stainless fittings  chefs knife is 7 1/4  "   blade hand rubbed finish  

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, riohog said:

couple ready to go up to argyle and bute , 4.5" petty  knife and chefs knife  ended up 2mm blades  after grinding  , bohler n690  austrian premium stainless  ,g10 handles  416  stainless fittings  chefs knife is 7 1/4  "   blade hand rubbed finish  

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

Very nice 👍 

• Like 1

a lot of work involved in these .but im still not getting rich at it  8)

Lucky you were rich to start with eh😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riohog said:

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

Very nice 👍👍👍

• Like 1

Just now, riohog said:

small game knife  n690  stainless   ,blackwood over red g10 liners  ,handle 

DSC_0001.JPG

That’s a cracker mate, I like that, a lot👍

• Like 3

bull nosed skinner from n690  stainless, handle is african leadwood ov er red g10 liners  

20200115_180733.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Very nice , like that wood handle, do you do carbon blades? Always fancied a green River style knife made, with a sheath.

https://images.app.goo.gl/MPsr7N79CWVdrkzB6

Something similar to that...

ihavnt made carbon steel blades in a couple of years now  .,allstainless ,problem is with carbon steel it   will rust and not everone looks after them 

9 minutes ago, riohog said:

ihavnt made carbon steel blades in a couple of years now  .,allstainless ,problem is with carbon steel it   will rust and not everone looks after them 

Yep I get that, I've always found it easier to get an edge and carbon blades I've had don't seem to have a steep bevel, more like a razor and generally thinner than stainless. 

8 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Yep I get that, I've always found it easier to get an edge and carbon blades I've had don't seem to have a steep bevel, more like a razor and generally thinner than stainless. 

what do you meen thinner than stainless  ? that skinner is 2.5mm at the spine with a 3.5deg grind  

what do you meen thinner than stainless  ? that skinner is 2.5mm at the spine with a 3.5deg grind  

I was generalising, but the two green River type knives and opinels I've had just don't seem as thick as a lot of stainless blades on the market. I wasn't refering to yours specifically and yep you'd want a thin blade for skinning. I'm not really familiar with bevel degrees , anyways nice knife.