NEW FX SLUGS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zeroed the HMR in to day jimmy at 100 yards , who needs slugs ?

They probably have them mitch but don't want to say there good for all we no they could be h&n slugs there shooting in there videos lol

Just been up to the gun shop to pick up a tikka 17 HMR and CZ 457 royal.22 , but been thinking do I really need the .22 after shooting slugs and came to the conclusion no I don’t , plus what was inter

Posted Images

2 hours ago, vizlauk said:

No one mentioned subsonic or hv, my point is you are on the understanding that .22 fac air can do what a .22lr , my point is it can't.

With using subs in 22lr  which most do and slugs in FAC air  it’s on par with each other and I would say groups at 100 yards would tighter with FAC air

• Like 1
11 hours ago, villaman said:

With using subs in 22lr  which most do and slugs in FAC air  it’s on par with each other and I would say groups at 100 yards would tighter with FAC air

In reply to that, I’ve head shot rabbits out to 180 yards lasered with .22 subs. Purely for pest control, they could be taken with body shots further out than that. Can fac air achieve this? I doubt that they would carry the energy, but then I haven’t had the opportunity to try these slugs. The thing is though, at 22 grains that’s half the weight and less than half the muzzle energy of a .22 sub, I can’t see how they would perform favourably. As for shooting into trees, there’s cb longs etc at 29 grains and 35 ish ft lbs easily available. I keep an open mind and I know how useful fac air is, but as for them being superior to rimfire I reserve judgement.

6 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

In reply to that, I’ve head shot rabbits out to 180 yards lasered with .22 subs. Purely for pest control, they could be taken with body shots further out than that. Can fac air achieve this? I doubt that they would carry the energy, but then I haven’t had the opportunity to try these slugs. The thing is though, at 22 grains that’s half the weight and less than half the muzzle energy of a .22 sub, I can’t see how they would perform favourably. As for shooting into trees, there’s cb longs etc at 29 grains and 35 ish ft lbs easily available. I keep an open mind and I know how useful fac air is, but as for them being superior to rimfire I reserve judgement.

Fair points RFB

Phil

Well ill be testing the ones i got off si in the next few days

and if there accurate out to 30 40yrds in a sub 12 crown

then ill be getting some ,

Dont need to shoot out to 100yrds and iv not got fac

but will be trying slugs in my rifle

as well as 18+grain pellets

SOME OF US ARE BLOODY GOOD AT FIELD CRAFT AND CAN GET WITH IN 30 40 YRDS EASILY

LOL

But it all comes down to what enegy the slug has left in it out of a sub 12

as to whether i use them on vermin or not 

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, villaman said:

Zeroed the HMR in to day jimmy at 100 yards , who needs slugs ?

Got to admit i do like Viz,s hmr

I was putting the bullet in the same holes as him out to 100yrds

when he let me have a go .

You need to shoot a browning 6,5x55 you will never look at your hmr again Mitch HONEST

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, philpot said:

Quote:-    SOME OF US ARE BLOODY GOOD AT FIELD CRAFT AND CAN GET WITH IN 30 40 YRDS EASILY

Mark will be along soon ?

Phil

STILL DONT KNOW HOW HE CAN PUT FIELD CRAFT

WITH SITTING ON HIS ASS IN A HIDE

:fool::fool::fool:

• Haha 2

Just watched 'Ted's Holdover' on Airgun101 as he was using the FX Hybrid slugs and he stated he will be testing them in all the FX barrel combinations including the standard Smooth Twist like mine so that is worth looking out for. I rate Ted's approach to his testing as I do Matt Dubber and despite some who say they only favour FX, well that may be true but they show what is possible and I do not believe they fudge the results, that is just bullsh1te.

https://airgun101.com/index.php/component/allvideoshare/video/my-turn-fx-hybrid-slugs-field-test-revolutionary-air-rifle-ammuntion?Itemid=362

If anyone sees this before me. please put it up on here as I really want to see the results.

Phil