Dorset poacher caught hefty sentence

Tips;

Be smart where you park, preferably walk, but beware injuries happen so have a plan if your a distance from vehicle eg first aid, phone a friend.

Don't set patterns, change times and locations.

Don't be frivolous with light when lamping.

If in doubt drop.

Collect game later, but beware a cache can turn into an easy ambush.

Loose lips and pics sink ships.

Be respectful to land to give a low profile and allowing for future endeavours (it just makes sense, if a farmer sees your lamp at night and it's damage free the next day it might keep him bed as apposed to damaged property)

Get permission and stick to rabbits, there a great quarry.

Failing that be legal and don't give others a bad rep.

• Like 2

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It genuine keeps me up at night sometimes when I’ve been out how much my life would change if I’d been pulled over ever.  Car gone  i believe you can loose your licence for serial offences 

Bullshit. I own land and I don't want the world and his wife doing whatever they please on it. I'm sure people do and if I don't notice then it's my look out, if I do catch them out though i expect th

It is not quite a police state yet that we live in, its not yet illegal to just go out for a drive! rabbits can not be used as an excuse if you have no permission to be on land in the area, you admit

Posted Images

10 hours ago, joe ox said:

It is not quite a police state yet that we live in, its not yet illegal to just go out for a drive! rabbits can not be used as an excuse if you have no permission to be on land in the area, you admit to chasing rabbits you can be reported for poaching and that opens up a complete new can of worms gear confiscated etc this has always been the case even before the ban. Anyone out with me is told to say nothing other than " we are out for a drive " I  do all the talking and all they get out of me is " out for a drive and I am now going home NOW " I've had them asking why are you in this area half a dozen times they get my answer twice then nothing other than silence and a vacant look. IF IN DOUBT SAY NOWT!!!!!!!!

Rabbits are only a legal quarry with permission.

A good way to be joe and very similar to how I was told how  a properly mannered man should act  in those circumstances 

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:49, pengelli said:

Was caught early eighties on a keepered estate ferreting no dog involved keeper took nets and tried to take ferts cops arrived let me keep ferrets as apparently they couldn't seize livestock only equipment went to local district court and they tried to do me with taking ground game without a licence slash permission that covers all ground game hares rabbits pheasant partridge my lawyer argued that rabbits weren't classed as game long story short got £20 quid fine and done for in pursuit of coneys apparently rabbits change their name to coney when they live on a private estate £20 was a lot of money back then had to pay it £2 a week thank Christ I had a paper round?

rabbits only classed, as game if poached or taken on a sunday ,it was just another petty law made by the gentry to keep the working class in there place as per usual ?

• Like 1

It's a disgrace what happend to that man and I hope he has appealed against a sentence straightaway  even if he was caught with a load rabbits still doesn't  deserve  that shit . He might of been on land with his dog  but I am sure if asked to leave .it would of been  so so simple   this country  is a f***ing joke  

17 minutes ago, TonyOrmy said:

It's a disgrace what happend to that man and I hope he has appealed against a sentence straightaway  even if he was caught with a load rabbits still doesn't  deserve  that shit . He might of been on land with his dog  but I am sure if asked to leave .it would of been  so so simple   this country  is a f***ing joke  

It's a disgrace that people don't read the facts, the idiot was subject to a Criminal Behaviour Order for previous offences.He broke that order and is now suffering the consicuences.If a sign says the dog bites, you don't f***ing touch the dog.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TonyOrmy said:

Ok fair enough might  of not read  the facts but still stand by what I said   he shouldn't of been  sentenced  atb tony 

Why not? He was given a 2 year suspended sentence, if he broke the law again he would go to prison.He broke the law......What part don't you understand?  What about the  bloke the other day who was caught setting his dog on a cat?, Do you think he will do it again if it means prison?

57 minutes ago, ArchieHood said:

It's a disgrace that people don't read the facts, the idiot was subject to a Criminal Behaviour Order for previous offences.He broke that order and is now suffering the consicuences.If a sign says the dog bites, you don't f***ing touch the dog.

Agreed he was taking a stupid and even bigger risk going lamping without permission whilst under a court order, but the point remains that something is motivating the police and courts to prosecute very harshly and they are justifying it with reasoning as dubious as the origins and enactment of the ban. The Rural Crimes Coordinator for Dorset says:

“They train their dogs on rabbits, hares and even on deer, with no regard for the welfare of wildlife or their dogs and they are willing to travel vast distances in to other counties.

Is it now acceptable for authority figures to prejudge an entire group of people on the basis of very little knowledge or experience? For every tw@t with a lurcher or terrier, there are many more otherwise law abiding people that kill quickly and humanely and give over a significant portion of their lives to the training, exercise and welfare of their dogs that would shame most pet owners. I still can't see the difference between hunting with dogs, hunting with guns or killing in an abbattoir. In each case the quarry / animal will suffer a degree of stress. All lurcher and terrier owners are now prejudged by the police, the law courts and court of public opinion as scummy career criminals, whereas the other two ways of getting meat are still ok.

• Like 8
22 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

Agreed he was taking a stupid and even bigger risk going lamping without permission whilst under a court order, but the point remains that something is motivating the police and courts to prosecute very harshly and they are justifying it with reasoning as dubious as the origins and enactment of the ban. The Rural Crimes Coordinator for Dorset says:

Is it now acceptable for authority figures to prejudge an entire group of people on the basis of very little knowledge or experience? For every tw@t with a lurcher or terrier, there are many more otherwise law abiding people that kill quickly and humanely and give over a significant portion of their lives to the training, exercise and welfare of their dogs that would shame most pet owners. I still can't see the difference between hunting with dogs, hunting with guns or killing in an abbattoir. In each case the quarry / animal will suffer a degree of stress. All lurcher and terrier owners are now prejudged by the police, the law courts and court of public opinion as scummy career criminals, whereas the other two ways of getting meat are still ok.

Yeah man

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2019 at 20:48, Blackmag said:

Not even stop end could pull that shot of ? and there's laws about just barrelling dogs and if like you said earlier most are getting slapped just for pulling lads what do you think or them would happen over a shot dog especially on a lead what area are you from John 

wrexham and it did happen it happened 5 years ago framers were drunk so they say and they chucked the dog in the river