Traditional long net in the field.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The trammel is going to hold well but I could not get a rabbit out of that on a black night, definitely not in a rush. As for bouncing on a quickest or trad net a 4z is a good start, as tommo  sa

Love my netting,..it is an ideal method of rabbiting, for an elderly gent..   http://www.chalkwarren.co.uk/

It's just a wee, three pole net, for covering a small warren Smithie?       http://www.chalkwarren.co.uk/

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Now if you would have worded it that way to start... instead of you can stick your tad nets up your arses... your a silly cantankerous old fool who try’s to bully others with your outspoken views.. just my opinion old chap ??

Well  I suppose that you will just have to trot along and Fukc yourself . 

• Haha 1

Trammel nets just look a carry on, I've never used one mind but I thought the whole point in them was to help stop rabbits that bounce out the nets? Honestly it's very rare we have rabbits bounce of of our traditional long nets or quick set nets so I couldn't see the benefit of having them for the extra carry on.

1 hour ago, Robtheparttimehunter1 said:

Trammel nets just look a carry on, I've never used one mind but I thought the whole point in them was to help stop rabbits that bounce out the nets? Honestly it's very rare we have rabbits bounce of of our traditional long nets or quick set nets so I couldn't see the benefit of having them for the extra carry on.

If you find it rare to see Rabbits bounce off a long net you need to make a film to show how it is done because to me and many others it is a regular occurrence .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, micky said:

If you find it rare to see Rabbits bounce off a long net you need to make a film to show how it is done because to me and many others it is a regular occurrence .

Hahaha maby I've just got good nets ?.

TBF most our rabbits are caught with dogs or purse nets, as I said above I've never been long netting at night, we use ours when ferreting so you been a hardcore longnetter probably have a much larger number to compare off, but it is very rare we have a rabbit bounce off our long nets like I said

16 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

its a long learning curve Rob , be prepared for all sorts to go wrong at first but bare with it. And be prepared to think outa the box ??

It certainly looks a skill mate, I best get better at setting the net in the day first mind me pal still laughs his chins off when I'm struggling hahah

• Haha 1