Traditional long net in the field.

1 hour ago, Robtheparttimehunter1 said:

Seems that way, the quick sets I think are much easier to set and work with, but I hate the baskets and I just like the old ways more sometimes 

it must be hard to be discreet with a quick sett. they look cumbersome to me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The trammel is going to hold well but I could not get a rabbit out of that on a black night, definitely not in a rush. As for bouncing on a quickest or trad net a 4z is a good start, as tommo  sa

Love my netting,..it is an ideal method of rabbiting, for an elderly gent..   http://www.chalkwarren.co.uk/

It's just a wee, three pole net, for covering a small warren Smithie?       http://www.chalkwarren.co.uk/

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, fred90 said:

it must be hard to be discreet with a quick sett. they look cumbersome to me. 

For me they are a ferreting tool and not something I would not want to use at night. I can see many some do with age against them of getting out with the kids, But I find more joy in a traditional net. 

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, smithie said:

For me they are a ferreting tool and not something I would not want to use at night. I can see many some do with age against them of getting out with the kids, But I find more joy in a traditional net. 

I've never actually hunted with just long nets at night, we use them when ferreting and my pal uses quick sets 

I grew up with Trad Long nets  and never gave a thought to changing but after using these Preset Trammel nets I could never go back  and if I was starting out now I would have a shed full, you can stick those trad nets up your Arses because these are the boys that do the Job .

DSCF0015_zps4f7f2960.jpg

DSCF0004_zps9f73dd95.jpg

P1010687_zps61080bc2.jpg

• Haha 2
37 minutes ago, micky said:

I grew up with Trad Long nets  and never gave a thought to changing but after using these Preset Trammel nets I could never go back  and if I was starting out now I would have a shed full, you can stick those trad nets up your Arses because these are the boys that do the Job .

DSCF0015_zps4f7f2960.jpg

DSCF0004_zps9f73dd95.jpg

P1010687_zps61080bc2.jpg

you say they are the best, have you used them for night netting or just ferreting micky?. 

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, micky said:

DSCF0015_zps4f7f2960.jpg

DSCF0004_zps9f73dd95.jpg

P1010687_zps61080bc2.jpg

Shut up you old fool..?

25 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

You need to keep off the meths old boy .. get in the real world.

Now there is no need to be like that is there ! I don't drink Meths  and my World is very real , I have stated my opinion on trad nets and all you have done is call me names , if you have a different opinion you are perfectly entitled to state it as I for one am always ready to listen .

• Haha 1