Rabbit numbers across the UK.

B&W

10 hours ago, sid g said:

leicestershires really poor had trips into notts lincs borders  , been peterborough , derbyshire , had a few runs but nothing outstanding ... 

in Derbyshire here. there was a rumour someone had seen a rabbit but after thorough investigation it was proved a hoax. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was in Leicestershire two Weeks ago ,I went onto two large Farms and there was a lot on both  after three years of nothing . Not World beating places but you can get a few each Week of the season .

Haven't posted for a long while on here but I'm really interested to find out what your local Rabbit population is like at the mo and previous seasons .. I've been ferreting for 30 years now and

It's wiped them out round here and even with the odd helping hand they still aren't recovering. No point having a lurcher or taking the ferrets out locally.  People who are still going out and catchin

Posted Images

I feel bad nowadays if I catch a rabbit they are so scarce, been declining in numbers for years, though on my cameras I,m picking up little pockets of rabbits that appear to be living above ground in thick woodland scrub almost like they no the burrows are not a safe place anymore, this has been happening more and more over the last two years, my dogs are more switched onto squirrels  these days as we see and catch lots more of them than rabbits, ?

• Like 1
17 hours ago, sid g said:

leicestershires really poor had trips into notts lincs borders  , been peterborough , derbyshire , had a few runs but nothing outstanding ... 

I was in Leicestershire two Weeks ago ,I went onto two large Farms and there was a lot on both  after three years of nothing . Not World beating places but you can get a few each Week of the season .

micks pics 224.jpg

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Greyman said:

I feel bad nowadays if I catch a rabbit they are so scarce, been declining in numbers for years, though on my cameras I,m picking up little pockets of rabbits that appear to be living above ground in thick woodland scrub almost like they no the burrows are not a safe place anymore, this has been happening more and more over the last two years, my dogs are more switched onto squirrels  these days as we see and catch lots more of them than rabbits, ?

Show me the Rabbits and I will show you the Holes .

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, sid g said:

we`ve  covered from a46 wymswold across to kegworth area  few about but not great numbers ..  had a few off some permo in diseworth 

The best spot around there is East Leake or Piper woods along side the M1

• Like 1
5 hours ago, micky said:

micks pics 224.jpg

Smartest I've seen you look Micky ?

Cheers, D.

dog marked 2 setts in places where I didn't think there was any left. never seen more than a single rabbit here for last few years. resisted temptation to ferret them in the hope they get back but if someone else does them it will have been pointless. Screenshot_20191204_163354_com.android.gallery3d.jpg.69bfc4327e8135fc91b3c4d8f755aa33.jpg

Screenshot_20191206_144154_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20191206_143901_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

The picture below is a rarity I shot the other day,  I also felt guilty shooting it but where’s there’s one there’s others it’s been a desolate couple of years but I’m starting to see signs of a slow recovery Essex area.

2CD4777C-ECFB-46D4-888F-696BF56728F1.jpeg.52fc054a9d2a48db965cfa0300843d31.jpeg