The usual suspects

Up at the pheasant shoot to feed up and shot another 11 squizzers, the 5 in the picture were all shot outside the farm house on my arrival and all within 60 seconds , 5 quick shots, 5 dead tree rats ?

3AF6B25D-FC9B-4BCF-87B4-B5C500277519.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 7
  • Haha 6

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the pheasant shoot to feed up and shot another 11 squizzers, the 5 in the picture were all shot outside the farm house on my arrival and all within 60 seconds , 5 quick shots, 5 dead tree rats ?

As requested BenBhoy a festive wreath of squizzers ( some might say I have to much time on my hands or I’m just not right ) I managed another 7 today while out on the quad, I’ve definitely made a big

I might be starting to loose my sh*t, I’m working with the other quad key holder and it is lashing down, I thought we’d be off home, came back from collecting a few bits and he’s done this, they know

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gav said:

They all look like the've been on the raz and hungover ?

They have been having a right old time of it Gav, those days are over now, you can really see the damage to the trees, I’ve never seen this amount up here, forestry used to trap them but they don’t seem to bother now, we will definitely be having a squirrel day once the season has finished and until then I’ll be making a conscious effort to shoot every one I see 

to top it off I got home and this little beggar was hiding his nuts in my garden, this is what you get when the missus feeds them

4D918D57-D2F8-486F-A81F-FA6352580474.jpeg

• Haha 4
8 hours ago, Stavross said:

They have been having a right old time of it Gav, those days are over now, you can really see the damage to the trees, I’ve never seen this amount up here, forestry used to trap them but they don’t seem to bother now, we will definitely be having a squirrel day once the season has finished and until then I’ll be making a conscious effort to shoot every one I see 

to top it off I got home and this little beggar was hiding his nuts in my garden, this is what you get when the missus feeds them

There are worse scenarios to come home to involving your missus and someone else's nuts....

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
3 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

My silenced 410 and special reloads sorts them in the back yard a treat.

Must have a big garden. Also beware the antis. People have been prosecuted for shooting them in their back garden although usually when they haven't died instantly. More of an issue with airguns than shotguns.

7 hours ago, Stavross said:

" There,: Fawlty, vermin on the nuts if you please !!!!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
50 minutes ago, Alsone said:

Must have a big garden. Also beware the antis. People have been prosecuted for shooting them in their back garden although usually when they haven't died instantly. More of an issue with airguns than shotguns.

I know people have been done for shooting pigeons n stuff in there garden useing the general licence kind of thing but squirrels fall under the invasive species so apart from shooting them in a public place It’s a goer as is it’s the land owners job to keep rabbits under control if you look back through the legislation! 

Yeah it's not illegal. However, it's important to get a clean kill. There's a whole string of people who have been prosecuted for failing to kill them cleanly using air rifles despite well placed shots. Unfortunately, in the current climate, many neighbours report any harm to wildlife as cruelty even though sometimes control is necessary or desirable. I doubt a shotty is going to be an issue in that regard. However, discharging a shotgun in your garden maybe unless you can prove it's large enough to be safe, or you're a professional pest controller.

34 minutes ago, Alsone said:

Yeah it's not illegal. However, it's important to get a clean kill. There's a whole string of people who have been prosecuted for failing to kill them cleanly using air rifles despite well placed shots. Unfortunately, in the current climate, many neighbours report any harm to wildlife as cruelty even though sometimes control is necessary or desirable. I doubt a shotty is going to be an issue in that regard. However, discharging a shotgun in your garden maybe unless you can prove it's large enough to be safe, or you're a professional pest controller.

Don't worry about it, I don't want you losing any sleep over it. ?

• Haha 2
On 25/11/2019 at 18:26, David.evans said:

Never mind the tree rats 

I’m after a quad , how much for yours it looks great 

good shooting mate ?

It belongs to the shoot Dave, well sort of, only 3 of us have keys for it and I think there’s only me who puts petrol in it, but we did convince the members to let us use the shoots funds to pay for it ??

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Stavross said:

It belongs to the shoot Dave, well sort of, only 3 of us have keys for it and I think there’s only me who puts petrol in it, but we did convince the members to let us use the shoots funds to pay for it ??

I’d have to release the inner Yorkshire man stav and syphon the tank when it’s not your turn... bet they start filling it up?

• Haha 1