Out early with the mighty 56 TH

Robo9

20191124_102009.jpg.ffd0af7071d28f84504d09cad41864f8.jpgharvested these from a local vineyard (I'm in NZ...) with my nicely tuned 56, if I manage to get a shot off the result is usually lights out, rabbits at 42 m, hare caught unawares 35m quartering away shot through car window off the knee. ☺ 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Robo9 said:

It's hovering around 19 ftlbs in 177 about max for the calibre, running a vortek PG2 SHO kit fitted with custom 135 Wire Spring plus full internal polish 

I had a Diana 52 in .22 many years ago, late 1980’s I think. Proper powerhouse spring rifle they were. They had a very weak mainspring fitted to keep the power down, such a large volume compression chamber on those guns.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/12/2019 at 03:38, Rimfireboy! said:

I had a Diana 52 in .22 many years ago, late 1980’s I think. Proper powerhouse spring rifle they were. They had a very weak mainspring fitted to keep the power down, such a large volume compression chamber on those guns.

Yes, I've recently adjusted the power of the 56TH to shoot jsb heavies at 875 /876 as per Hector Medina's advice (Diana tuning guru) and the accuracy is superb, around 1 ftlb knocked down 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...