And we complain about foxes lol.

Never agreed with nobility of wolves. They are sneaky Cnuts with their heads bowed showing no threat like a junkie but when you turn your back they are off with your wallet.? If that is a white boxer then he deserves to be eaten for the better of the breed. Them white ones carry every defect possible to the breed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Taken from the local paper a few days back:

The prefecture of Charente-Maritime has issued a statement: "On Wednesday, November 20 afternoon, a large canine was photographed, trotting near vineyards in the town of St. Thomas de Conac, south-west of the department. The observer transmitted the photograph and several details to the National Office of Hunting and Wildlife which authenticated it as that of a gray wolf (Canis lupus lupus). This event is to be compared to the confirmation by the town hall of Mortagne this Thursday, November 21, the discovery of sheep died a fortnight ago on the organic farm of the gravel that had remained unknown until today, without the ONCFS is in the capacity to assert the link between the facts because of the delays.

ONCFS is continuing its investigations to determine the origin of this animal and collect information that could help locate it. Any suspicious sightings of big canines or any report of attack on wild animals or domestic cattle must be quickly reported to the relevant departmental department of ONCFS

That is down towards Bordeaux in France. Quite a distance from the known habitats of wild wolves.

7 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Taken from the local paper a few days back:

That is down towards Bordeaux in France. Quite a distance from the known habitats of wild wolves.

Where would it have come from? Pyrenees?

I know European wolfs are not as big as the Yankee ones.....but this video of the elkhound getting attacked by two of them in sweden always makes me think would they have done it to a dog that ran at them meaningfully  :hmm:when they first meet there is next to no aggression from the wolf (it’s actually a fascinating moment that has probably never been seen so close up before) and it’s only when the dog starts running that they attack so is it the fact the dogs taking flight that gets their blood up? One chain of thought over there is the first wolf it meets is a younger pack member left on its own and then it’s mother comes back off camera, spooks the dog and then both wolves attack the dog simply for being in their territory.

It’s not a nice watch in parts tbh but the dog has a wolf protection jacket on and does survive and is back out hunting moose......

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

There's a video of two coywolves\wolves dragging a rottweiler of like its a Patterdale.  Not many breeds of dog stands a chance a against a grey wolf imo

Yeah mate you might be right......different mindset to a domestic dog and will fight to kill every single time.....just found this and it’s the same kind of dog as in the video.....they don’t f**k about!

https://retrieverman.net/2013/09/07/swedish-elkhound-killed-by-wolves/amp/

In the last year wolves have made it back into Belgium, with one being spotted less than an hour from our house. These have made it down from holland where there is now a small resident population along the Dutch/German border.

With Holland & Belgium being such tiny densely populated countries with no real wilderness, I can only imagine this will become a serious issue soon enough with either culling or removal taking place, if it hasn’t already?

5 hours ago, jetro said:

My favourite wild animal. 

Can they be tamed. You sometimes read or hear about people that have them, but how true is it.

Atb j 

I knew a local parts distributor who owned a coywolf. He was doing fine for months with it until one day she turned on him. That was the end of that animal.

i never understood why he would even think it was a good idea having one.

coywolves are getting plentiful in Ontario for some reason. Coyotes and wolves are a major problem over here. There has been a few human deaths by coyotes not so many from wolves.

wolves just decimate the deer,elk, moose and cattle.Wolves are not just in the dense forests, one was seen down in the farmland only two weeks back.i have size 12 boots and i compared my boot to a wolf print and it was just over 1/2 of my boot. I did post a pic last of one. They are fckn huge

where i have my deer bait in the forestry there is a major issue with wolves. Deer numbers are severely down and more hunters are catching them on their game cams. The worst part is, if you see one or even threatened by one, you are NOT allowed to shoot it. Yeah i know that makes a lot of sense lol

foxes over here are rarely shot as they do a good job on keeping the mouse numbers down. 

• Thanks 1