Deerhounds

47 minutes ago, fatlad said:

My mate had a deerhound grey from Platt said it was numb only really tried on Charlie or deer after the ban become more of a pet for his wife it caught his collie greyhound bitch that was getting on a bit so he kept a pup out of the two said it was the best dog he has ever owned worked all over the country with the dog think he has a grandson of the dog now but he hasn't added any more deerhound just collie greyhound 

That's allways known to produce a good jukel.if ya want a harder type in the xs a Malli his a good alternative. With lots hunting drive.. Atb bill

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely old running dogs,...I'm pleased that a few lads still fancy owning some of these beautiful animals.. My old stock were bred directly off an Ardkinglas Deerhound dog over a tremendously wel

There you go shark ?genuine articles ?

nice ttle film that mick.....what just shows them deerhounds back then ...looked more like the half crosses of today....

Posted Images

2 hours ago, fatlad said:

My mate had a deerhound grey from Platt said it was numb only really tried on Charlie or deer after the ban become more of a pet for his wife it caught his collie greyhound bitch that was getting on a bit so he kept a pup out of the two said it was the best dog he has ever owned worked all over the country with the dog think he has a grandson of the dog now but he hasn't added any more deerhound just collie greyhound 

A deerhound like a sal. Dro goes a long way same has most base breeds only a drop needed. Atb bill

Lots actually the modern lampers killing good numbers there jukel ha ve a drop of sal blood fa lots a good reason.  Maybey not always the blend of bull with coursing stock works fa some but ti's right to much in jnfluence        and ya back ta the coursing type. TB bill

post-2025-0-01208400-1359622857.jpg

Best dog I've owned for tracking bigger stuff and we have some big feckers down here. No DH in him but plenty bull and wheaten, unfortunately a liability outside of the working field.

And the second best with a few bits and pieces, one of these shivering galgos lol.

IMG_20190109_094713.jpg.9cefac1d67919cf4c89cf8ad3f98ef85.jpgIMG_20190403_133858.jpg.23e0cd4f519ac4aef4313ef04e9ee17e.jpgIMG_20181201_111402.thumb.jpg.08863e66f6f3b0458d17d951331ae033.jpg.ad7335e1178031557f13b224f2894eb5.jpgIMG_20190103_121026.jpg.e4e0296da559987b34f8f97ef4a7411b.jpg.5d26f2c55162d3d38db5d3e86d9d1950.jpg

ps no animals were harmed in the making of this post LOL.

• Like 1

The gamble is the same as any other cross some will some won’t some are good some are shit that’s the truth of the matter pay your money take ya chances it’s the same if you breed your own gear. 

I like the sound of generation bred deerhound greyhound x bedlington x that’s one cross I’d like to try out in the future ??Or a really racey drop of greyhound deerhound greyhound x bedlington greyhound 

1 minute ago, poxon said:

The gamble is the same as any other cross some will some won’t some are good some are shit that’s the truth of the matter pay your money take ya chances it’s the same if you breed your own gear. 

I like the sound of generation bred deerhound greyhound x bedlington x that’s one cross I’d like to try out in the future ??Or a really racey drop of greyhound deerhound greyhound x bedlington greyhound 

Am I right in thinking you breed your own stuff, if yes whats in them?

1 minute ago, joe ox said:

Am I right in thinking you breed your own stuff, if yes whats in them?

Possibly but not a start from scratch job I’m not in to the breeding crack only for when I need something but could potentially put in to what I’ve already got if they turn out decent if there shit there be spade I don’t f**k about or kid my self 

pied colour bitch collie greyhound deerhound greyhound Whippet greyhound line bred x bedlington greyhound 

pups very similar bred to above out of the same stuff on the bitches side but to a similar bred dog but with a little more bedlington in there 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, joe ox said:

I deliberately missed out the bit that I have seen some decent deerhound crosses that are good on deer so its not always the case, but thought no I will let a dickhead like yourself take the bait and point out the obvious, it took all day for bait to be taken thankyou and well done ? 

So, you were reduced into calling me names, WITHOUT specifying which species of deer you were talking about, AND then admitting your own fdogs had deerhound in them!! Dear oh dear, what a f***ing WHELK ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

So, you were reduced into calling me names, WITHOUT specifying which species of deer you were talking about, AND then admitting your own fdogs had deerhound in them!! Dear oh dear, what a f***ing WHELK ??

I purposely laid bait and like the plank you are you took it hook line and sinker, you have tried to pick holes in my posts in the past so was not really surprised that it was you who took the bait TBH