Deerhounds

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely old running dogs,...I'm pleased that a few lads still fancy owning some of these beautiful animals.. My old stock were bred directly off an Ardkinglas Deerhound dog over a tremendously wel

There you go shark ?genuine articles ?

nice ttle film that mick.....what just shows them deerhounds back then ...looked more like the half crosses of today....

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Everything that comes threw now seem to resemble collie and bull TBH for some reason the ones that resemble the collies make the best animals or at least the ones that suite me.

That's a fare post don't surprise me  ta be expe Ted really don't mean the bull in em ai t put some thrust and prey drive there I believe the tiny touch of bull can give what a good grey can give a jukel that will run and keep runni g before getting lack lustre like some can atb Tb bill

2 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Am just back in dogs done 5 mile behind the bike to keep em ticking over, thought I might entertain myself on here while the moons high and ground is hard!

Nought wrong with that times of old I would a been out have a couple on the moon bone hard ground made no difference.no lamp needed at tb bill

1 minute ago, billhardy said:

That's a fare post don't surprise me  ta be expe Ted really don't mean the bull in em ai t put some thrust and prey drive there I believe the tiny touch of bull can give what a good grey can give a jukel that will run and keep runni g before getting lack lustre like some can atb Tb bill

They have the bull drive and the temperament and brains of the collie, like I said they suite me.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, joe ox said:

They have the bull drive and the temperament and brains of the collie, like I said they suite me.

Nice animals from what ive seen. Youve done well not to add the saluki blood its nice to see. Im going back to trying to keep stuff with minimal/no coursing stuff in it.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, C.green said:

Nice animals from what ive seen. Youve done well not to add the saluki blood its nice to see. Im going back to trying to keep stuff with minimal/no coursing stuff in it.

I don't like the coursing stuff mate never did from being in my teens.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, joe ox said:

I don't like the coursing stuff mate never did from being in my teens.

Insee the odd one i think i like but then i give me head a shake lol. 

The very least i want out of a dog is to be honest. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, C.green said:

Insee the odd one i think i like but then i give me head a shake lol. 

The very least i want out of a dog is to be honest. 

I have seen some decent animals with coursing blood in, but soon as they bred off they throw coursing saluki types because the saluki gene is so strong..... ending off with dogs that push which is exactly what I despise in any lurcher.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, joe ox said:

I have seen some decent animals with coursing blood in, but soon as they bred off they throw coursing saluki types because the saluki gene is so strong..... ending off with dogs that push which is exactly what I despise in any lurcher.

Yeah 100% more dogs do it than what most think aswell dont they. what it is though can only piss with the cory ya got. But the way i want to go with dogs rather keep a couple with none in then maybe a little sport dog carrying abit to messabout with on open ground when the fancy takes me. Takes a man with more skill than me to breed a chancy dog for everything but everything seems to carry abit of coursing dog now.

Edited by C.green

My mate had a deerhound grey from Platt said it was numb only really tried on Charlie or deer after the ban become more of a pet for his wife it caught his collie greyhound bitch that was getting on a bit so he kept a pup out of the two said it was the best dog he has ever owned worked all over the country with the dog think he has a grandson of the dog now but he hasn't added any more deerhound just collie greyhound 

• Like 1