About 8 or 9 years ago I used to buy loads of Ultrafire Cree torches from DX.com to re-sell on ebay. I got 90 lumen red beam ones for night hunting on air rifles and 650 lumen white beam ones for security work. You can also buy belt mounted pouches, rifle mounts, pressure pad on/off switches, rechargeable batteries and chargers from the same site. They are as cheap as chips and I'm still using the white beam ones 8 years later having had no problems whatsoever. 

https://www.dx.com/p/ultrafire-501b-cree-xm-l-t6-led-650lm-white-flashlight-w-strap-black-1-x-18650-2018239.html

One of these plus two 18650 rechargeable batteries and a charger for less than £25 delivered. The 650 lumen white beam torch will pi$$ off any carp angler at 500 yds  ?

• Like 2

I had a spell looking for a good pocketable tourch a good while back, and settled on this..

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60614

Problem was..  i couldn't persuade myself to part with £80 queen quids for the f@@ker!!?

Like dogmandont.. I've also got some cheap (£15 max including battery) on my mountain bike and also one mounted on the helmet. And to be honest, you cat fault them at all. Cracking value. Very decent beam, but not great to hold in the hand.

The suggestion from Nicepix looks a great shout!!?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Nicepix said:

About 8 or 9 years ago I used to buy loads of Ultrafire Cree torches from DX.com to re-sell on ebay. I got 90 lumen red beam ones for night hunting on air rifles and 650 lumen white beam ones for security work. You can also buy belt mounted pouches, rifle mounts, pressure pad on/off switches, rechargeable batteries and chargers from the same site. They are as cheap as chips and I'm still using the white beam ones 8 years later having had no problems whatsoever. 

https://www.dx.com/p/ultrafire-501b-cree-xm-l-t6-led-650lm-white-flashlight-w-strap-black-1-x-18650-2018239.html

One of these plus two 18650 rechargeable batteries and a charger for less than £25 delivered. The 650 lumen white beam torch will pi$$ off any carp angler at 500 yds  ?

iww you wont go wrong with one these cree ultafires i got one here handy for your pocket and iv knocked few bits n bobs over with it with the dog cheap as chips on ebay from china

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

I had a spell looking for a good pocketable tourch a good while back, and settled on this..

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60614

Problem was..  i couldn't persuade myself to part with £80 queen quids for the f@@ker!!?

Like dogmandont.. I've also got some cheap (£15 max including battery) on my mountain bike and also one mounted on the helmet. And to be honest, you cat fault them at all. Cracking value. Very decent beam, but not great to hold in the hand.

The suggestion from Nicepix looks a great shout!!?

How do you mount your light on the helmet BR. 

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

How do you mount your light on the helmet BR. 

Rubber band mate. Thread the cable out the back of the helmet with the battery pack in the jacket pocket.

Great for having a nosey over the headges on a night ride.. see what's knocking about.

Decent little beam to be honest, but obviously not the right design for holding in your hand.

I have one mounted on the bars too?

IMG_20191124_155612.jpg.bec901ceb339b09b68b369050189f3df.jpg

IMG_20191124_155925.jpg.49b1387fada8f8063ffd5a03a9433445.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

Rubber band mate. Thread the cable out the back of the helmet with the battery pack in the jacket pocket.

Great for having a nosey over the headges on a night ride.. see what's knocking about.

Decent little beam to be honest, but obviously not the right design for holding in your hand.

I have one mounted on the bars too?

IMG_20191124_155612.jpg.bec901ceb339b09b68b369050189f3df.jpg

IMG_20191124_155925.jpg.49b1387fada8f8063ffd5a03a9433445.jpg

I do something similar but cable tie it on, I’ve a GoPro mount on my helmet and would like to get it fitted onto it somehow. 
just watched a video on YouTube on how to mount it. 

Edited by dogmandont
On 23/11/2019 at 08:34, neil b said:

For a fiver including batteries this off eBay might be some use to you Keith 8F2F9B86-4F70-4014-B1E1-DC161846983B.png.e1102967e3afc3368cbe78ce47638400.png

I bought that exact torch 3 years a go for wife to run with , she has used it loads and still going strong I have a cluelight one and it's not much better than the cheap one