The snowflake generation

I got a mad idea into my head a few years ago that i wanted to own an island ....what a wanker ?.....i got the ball rolling with a property firm who found one in my budget off the coast of Cyprus that wasnt much more than a f****n great big lump of rock but i did go and view one off the coast of Cork it was called Mannions Island it was literally a 5 acre lump of mud sticking out the water we stayed in a little b & b on the mainland the old boy served us up breakfast and he enquired what we was doing there ....like a complete melt i pointed out the window and said " ive come here to buy that island "......he absolutely pissed himself saying " its supposed to be us Irish that are the thick ones " ?.....it was only about the price of your average 3 bedroom house but there was no accommodation and only something like 30% of the island was even fertile land......once the wife kicked my ego back into check i decided it probably wasnt one of my better ideas and bought a nice little gaff in Cyprus instead.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true, and a catchy tune. Atb j 

I was in Vietnam and Laos earlier this year, great place, people and food...…………..

I got a mad idea into my head a few years ago that i wanted to own an island ....what a wanker ?.....i got the ball rolling with a property firm who found one in my budget off the coast of Cyprus that

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I got a mad idea into my head a few years ago that i wanted to own an island ....what a wanker ?.....i got the ball rolling with a property firm who found one in my budget off the coast of Cyprus that wasnt much more than a f****n great big lump of rock but i did go and view one off the coast of Cork it was called Mannions Island it was literally a 5 acre lump of mud sticking out the water we stayed in a little b & b on the mainland the old boy served us up breakfast and he enquired what we was doing there ....like a complete melt i pointed out the window and said " ive come here to buy that island "......he absolutely pissed himself saying " its supposed to be us Irish that are the thick ones " ?.....it was only about the price of your average 3 bedroom house but there was no accommodation and only something like 30% of the island was even fertile land......once the wife kicked my ego back into check i decided it probably wasnt one of my better ideas and bought a nice little gaff in Cyprus instead.

You would have tripled the membership of the West Ham Suporters club in Ireland if you had bought that ! Lol 

1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

Good luck Stoney the place looks amazing what dogs would u have about the place?

I think you could happily get by with a couple of bushers, 3-4 earth dogs, a good strong saluki/bull type lurcher or two and an elkhound mate.

i don’t think you would want to much bull in a lurcher over there tho......moose, bears, wolves, lynx and wolverines are best bayed at from a distance lol

You can get places that need a bit of work doing for about £17,000 so they are worth a look at to!

9E288220-0192-4D81-9DF5-713769CCDBB3.jpeg.61fa61cc7f122b1e2bbaa17d147ba3b6.jpeg

Edited by Stoney100
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

I think you could happily get by with a couple of bushers, 3-4 earth dogs, a good strong saluki/bull type lurcher or two and an elkhound mate.

i don’t think you would want to much bull in a lurcher over there tho......moose, bears, wolves, lynx and wolverines are best bayed at from a distance lol

You can get places that need a bit of work doing for about £17,000 so they are worth a look at to!

9E288220-0192-4D81-9DF5-713769CCDBB3.jpeg.61fa61cc7f122b1e2bbaa17d147ba3b6.jpeg

Sounds quality pal 

• Like 1