PARD NV008 on a SA Shotgun?

Guys

I have an issue with close range foxes, They attack my ducks and geese before I can get home in the evening. I've shot 2 on the weekends when I hide up and wait for them to go for the ducks and its usually dusk then and I can see them. My trail camera shows me their out in the field sniffing around the poultry houses and its pitch dark.

My thoughts are to get a PARD NV008 and put it on the saddle mount on my SA. Anyone used night vision on a fox with shotgun? I don't need range as I they usually come within 10 mtrs of my hideout and 50g of BB they don't repeat.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, smokingdragon said:

so basically a red light to illuminate the area? sounds a bit cheaper than NV ?

Basically yes,  I used a T38 or similar torch like the one here: https://torchfactory.com/torchfactory-t38

and attached it to the barrel.  I had a pressure switch attached to the stock on the fore end.  With this set up I dropped 5 or 6 foxes in a baited area before I got my FAC and got a .223.  I used 36g of size 4 and that dropped them all well

There are very few autos with any type of scope fitting although my Pietta does BUT whilst the Pard are designed to accept the recoil of certain centre fire rifles I doubt that they will cope with a 12 gauge recoil for very long. 

Phil