Keep chipping away mate ?. I have a permission that borders a wood. The wood is looked after by one of those groups that don’t believe in culling anything. Earlier this year (feb) I counted 39 greys come down a hedgerow from that wood. 

• Like 1

Here’s Monday’s model, as you probably no I’m pretty basic, either use tbg or 1745 amber tube, when it’s cold I just have my catty in the hand warmer pocket of the coat loaded and kept in my hand for warmth, pull it out only to take a shot and don’t really notice much drop in poke so are those winter bands noticeably different and is there any reason you can’t use them all year or are they shit in the warm???

00C24085-C893-409F-BC0A-B35FDB9BB98D.jpeg

They are shit in warm weather, the colder it gets the better they seem to perform, the dankung 1745 amber tube has the same cold weather resistance so I’m led to believe. I’ve always got my catty in my pocket mainly due to where I go ? 

• Haha 1
On 23/11/2019 at 14:20, Mr Wilkes said:

They are shit in warm weather, the colder it gets the better they seem to perform, the dankung 1745 amber tube has the same cold weather resistance so I’m led to believe. I’ve always got my catty in my pocket mainly due to where I go ? 

I don’t buy from dangkung but just get natural latex tube from China with an internal diameter of 1.7 mm and external of 4.5 which gives the same numbers ?? It does seem to work well in the winter and comes in around a £5 for 10 meters, I like a tapered loop set up as you can shorten or extend the loop to suit different ammo have just put some on one of my scout copy,s for a try ??

A7291484-7D0E-409D-8F59-CBF6C5CB9AD1.jpeg

8BAFBDF2-4028-4230-B783-605DECC101BB.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

I watched a vid by Nathan masters simpleshot on making pseudo tapered tube sets and was put off by him saying they won’t last very long, obviously you like em because your using em. What’s the average shot count on them ?. 

I wouldn’t even try counting the number of shots mate but lasts much longer than any flat bands I,ve used, this set on my little buffalo horn must be 6momths in just started showing signs they are about to break, I did see the vid your on about and thought there were a few things I disagreed with like putting a wrap over a collar I,ve never done it and never had one slip and the longevity of the bands is great ??

2FBBDBD7-3679-471D-A589-BD25A1FD6C23.jpeg

• Like 1

That looks like a long old draw there Greyman. Do you aim with that or just point and shoot? Good shooting though both I not been out much the weather has been. On stop for weeks on end now pissing it down so its really stopped me getting out. 

On 26/11/2019 at 13:14, darrren said:

That looks like a long old draw there Greyman. Do you aim with that or just point and shoot? Good shooting though both I not been out much the weather has been. On stop for weeks on end now pissing it down so its really stopped me getting out. 

I aim but draw back past my head, I cut my loops at 18” a side then have a 6” loop so have about a foot overall, the weather is pretty shite but don’t find the squirrels are to worried about it saw 5 out the other morning and it was pissing it down ?

• Like 1