Dog Feed

Ive fed all sorts. I used to use tripe and beef but it was a nightmare when I was away from home with them. I switched to kibble in 2016 and I've used kronch, beta, chudleys and dr Johns. I would possibly switch to CSJ if I had reason to try another brand. 

I actually find my dogs do really well on dr johns. I put a jug of boiling water and chicken stock over each. Allow it to soak in and cool down. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kibble seems to give mine bad stomach, I even tried grain free and expensive ones ... currently feed BARF which he is better on ... suppose you have to weigh up convenience and performance. 

Proper diet of meat, fish and eggs, with some filler for a good going dog. 

My mate feeds something called Power for sled dogs and his spaniels are flying. 

I've been feeding mine on a mix of flesh, duck, beef, tripe up until recently. My cockers energy just seemed to hit a cliff edge after 3 hours this winter and I've been scratching my head over it, was at the point of getting vets involved. Anyway started feeding 50/50 harringtons complete and flesh and the dog is flying again. Thank f**k! Hopefully that's it fixed.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 09:27, Born Hunter said:

I've been feeding mine on a mix of flesh, duck, beef, tripe up until recently. My cockers energy just seemed to hit a cliff edge after 3 hours this winter and I've been scratching my head over it, was at the point of getting vets involved. Anyway started feeding 50/50 harringtons complete and flesh and the dog is flying again. Thank f**k! Hopefully that's it fixed.

Try gain 28 mate I use it from time to time with Barf and my dogs [ labs ] are bouncing

On 26/11/2019 at 13:43, jakk said:

Ive fed all sorts. I used to use tripe and beef but it was a nightmare when I was away from home with them. I switched to kibble in 2016 and I've used kronch, beta, chudleys and dr Johns. I would possibly switch to CSJ if I had reason to try another brand. 

I actually find my dogs do really well on dr johns. I put a jug of boiling water and chicken stock over each. Allow it to soak in and cool down. 

As far as I know boiling water takes a lot of the nutritiants out of dry food, warm water is what's recommended 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Balaur said:

There isn't much to begin with , they'll be a lot more in the chicken stock he pours on. I think most cheap stuff gets baked at a ridiculous temp and then sprayed with oil....

Heard the same which surprises me just how many gun dogs perform so well throughout the season on 8-10 quid bags of complete obviously not all but there's loads that do n the dogs do there job well.

34 minutes ago, Balaur said:

There isn't much to begin with , they'll be a lot more in the chicken stock he pours on. I think most cheap stuff gets baked at a ridiculous temp and then sprayed with oil....

I wouldn't feed dry food it runs fcuk out of my dogs, there's a good documentary on it on YouTube called pet fooled well worth a watch

• Thanks 1