Damage nail

My beddy whippet has riped one of he nails of I’d had a look and there’s still a bit of it left firmly in there I’ve soaked it in warm salt water and put some hydrogen peroxide on it any ideas how long it will take to heal and would it heal sooner if the rest of the nail was taking out 

47 minutes ago, lampingmad1 said:

My beddy whippet has riped one of he nails of I’d had a look and there’s still a bit of it left firmly in there I’ve soaked it in warm salt water and put some hydrogen peroxide on it any ideas how long it will take to heal and would it heal sooner if the rest of the nail was taking out 

Got the same here mate my big dogs ripped his completely off. Happend a week ago. He does let out a little yelp if I touch it a bit but first couple of days he was limping when coming out kennel but he bouncing around so just been road walking him and I’ll probably give it another week before any free running. I just try keep it clean. The way he is now I don’t think it would bother him running on it as seems happy enough just don’t want to make it any worse so another week of road walks then I’ll get him back at it hopefully . Atb Igz