Life , is it all worth the stress ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ll start with an apology to anyone I’ve offended as of late I’ve been a bit brusque lately and I’m sorry for any offence I’ve caused  I don’t really know what I’m doing writing this here in a f

Money comes and money goes but your family are there forever and are the most important thing in life. I lost a lot of time with my kids and they grew up fast without me knowing them properly ... luck

I love that film, seen The Who live too, twice. Took my mam up to gateshead years ago and we had the disabled platform to ourselves, Daltry walks on stage and my daft thing of a mum uses her everythin

Posted Images

Same here mate I don't do social media only come on here and pritty much only this section of the forum.

Often thought of venting on here but normally get ripped to bits by people that have never met me and sertantly don't now me so I don't.

But glad you did there is far more to life than ones job, family aspcely the kids and your fiscal and mental health and as sed time . money is not always easy to come by but your kids ones old enough will now there is nothing more important in life than quality time with a mam and dad that loves the bones of them.

Family is important for the kids I moved back to Wales after 7 wonderful years in far north of Scotland so my baby boy at the time could now his grand parents.

Hope all goes well for you mate

Atb

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Fireman , just start at Felixstowe and head north till you hit Great Yarmouth 

tell em gallelio doesn’t apply as long as you say “oh my god , it’s coming straight for us !” 

Apologies in the maudlin post , opened a bottle of captain morgans and remembered why I don’t drink 

??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The only way to make tomorrow right is to do whats right today and to my mind that means putting your family first.

But don't give up on progressing your own career, I did shite a school , was a brickie, but at 39 went to uni and qualified as a nurse at 42 so it's never to late  whether your in Suffolk or the far north . ?

• Like 1

It’s good to read that there are actually normal sensible people on here 

the rat race is a mugs game it’s something we’ve all been duped by with schooling in a sequence telling us what we need to do with our lives like all the good sheeple with no thought for happiness in mind 

We’re a short time living a long time dead we come in to the world with nothing an leave with nothing an it doesn’t matter how much money you’ve got or how hard you work in what career time spent with family is priceless always family first 

• Like 3

Al the best in what you do it's TRUE your a long time dead make the most of what you have and family is the most important thing especially wife and kids .follow your heart and I am sure you have made the right decision in the long run .life is full of if onlys . And to be honest Cumbria or north Yorkshire are cracking places to live .as long as the family are happy and it's a unanimous decision then go for it . Hopefully I will be in a situation similar to yourself with my long term goal being france .

9 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv said it before in here an I’ll say it again an again if needs be, I learnt at 6 year ole when my ole man dropped dead at 28 whilst working that life ain’t forever, sure money makes it a bit easier an if you ain’t got none then it does seem like the end of the world, best thing i ever did was get out the rat race, constantly trying to earn more, swapping job for job, none of which I liked or wanted. Got to a point I started thinking I was just lazy,  unhappy or what ever, but was sure it was my own fault, me missus sat me down an put me right at one point, made me remember the important things in life, so I quit me job, applied for a couple a jobs I thought id like but had no clue about ( god loves a trier right? ) a couple a knock backs an I met a farmer who took a chance on me, best thing I ever done, was on a serious pay drop to start with an wife ended up going back to work, slowly but surely after doing few courses an grafting like a fcuker I worked me way up, now on decent pay an honestly never once thought about pulling a sicky or quitting or nowt, loads a time with me kids which is all I wanted at the start, but now I’m seriously happy, the job I got means I’ll never get rich, but for now, who cares, I pay the bills, got some extra to treat me kids, making loads a memories with them, Cos truth being told. Even at 6 I knew I’d rather have had more memories of me ole man than the poxy insurance settlement my ma got ☹️

Do wat will make your kids happy mate, Cos if they are happy you an the wife won’t be far behind them, they are the only thing that really matters?

good thread above , respect to you mate?

57 minutes ago, abrasivewheel said:

Al the best in what you do it's TRUE your a long time dead make the most of what you have and family is the most important thing especially wife and kids .follow your heart and I am sure you have made the right decision in the long run .life is full of if onlys . And to be honest Cumbria or north Yorkshire are cracking places to live .as long as the family are happy and it's a unanimous decision then go for it . Hopefully I will be in a situation similar to yourself with my long term goal being france .

spot on mate, as prob one of the older lads on here, yep your long time dead, and by god does it go fookin  fast. yeh your family come 1st deff mate, ive got 2 lovley grand kids, top class son who i love , he better man than i ever be, i am glad he took after his mother and not like thick fecker  like. i never got on with my old man, were were like to pits having a go. but i made sure that me and my son got on better in life. i will say onething about my old man though he always made sure we had enough food and money on the table, we fell out as i got older with my boozing  chasing skirt, i was living at home at time and he  didnt like my life style, suppose looking back fair enough i was mid twenty s . if you got your health/strenght , and somebody that you love and they feel the same about , well you won the lottery  in life      Fact

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, poxon said:

It’s good to read that there are actually normal sensible people on here 

the rat race is a mugs game it’s something we’ve all been duped by with schooling in a sequence telling us what we need to do with our lives like all the good sheeple with no thought for happiness in mind 

We’re a short time living a long time dead we come in to the world with nothing an leave with nothing an it doesn’t matter how much money you’ve got or how hard you work in what career time spent with family is priceless always family first 

Ones of the reasons we home educat  Ower youngest boy mate

• Like 1