Pointer X

30 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

What about a really racey  coursing type bitch. There a bit more athletic than a greyhound so hopefully the pups would be a bit less cloddy 

I don’t own a coursing type mate & it’s finding someone to lend you a bitch to breed off mate but if someone offered me 1 I’d jump at the chance mate ?? atb cbx

• Like 1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my GWP X Saluki Bull Grey  he i getting on in years now not a very fast dog but a pleasure to own and work.

My bitch is great , I’m thinking putting a pure gwp over her in the future ! Should still be fast enough for what I do ! My bitch is only one I have now with old bitch injured so she’s got big boots t

when i said he was getting on in years well so am i  i have hunted with lurchers for years, collie crosses wheaten crosses and bull crosses and every thing else in between breeding a li

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Wales1234 said:

Your right , traditional lurchers can do what they do , but it’s just a interesting cross , what’s the problem in trying something different same as a lab x or a spaniel x whippet not hurting anyone is it? 

No mate it's not. I'm sure they'd all work in some forms. I'd just personally keep it how it has been instead of reinventing the wheel. A dog's a long commitment and trying something new can be a pain. 

Atb

Sam

Ive never owned one but seen a few work one opened up sometimes on her first couple of runs until she settled down was just really excitable dog never hunted up on the lamp the other 2 were litter brothers and worked some really rough ground they were 3/4 bred but never got many injuries and were really good marking dogs and worked with terriers really well just your average lurcher really but seemed to excel at finding there own game 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, fatlad said:

Ive never owned one but seen a few work one opened up sometimes on her first couple of runs until she settled down was just really excitable dog never hunted up on the lamp the other 2 were litter brothers and worked some really rough ground they were 3/4 bred but never got many injuries and were really good marking dogs and worked with terriers really well just your average lurcher really but seemed to excel at finding there own game 

Yes agree with that comment plus it’s the time you can put into your dogs if you can get out more than once a week I’m sure they get better atb

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, chrisbullx said:

Be nice to see pics of yours coco mate atb cbx 

Hi mate ain’t got a clue how to put them on sorry old dog looks like a pointer tho the quarter breeds look like normal Lurcher to Lurcher breeding nothing fancy here ?atb

9 minutes ago, coco said:

Hi mate ain’t got a clue how to put them on sorry old dog looks like a pointer tho the quarter breeds look like normal Lurcher to Lurcher breeding nothing fancy here ?atb

No drama mate would of been nice to see them though mate ?? atb cbx 

2 minutes ago, chrisbullx said:

No drama mate would of been nice to see them though mate ?? atb cbx 

Yes mate but just workman like must not race types at all but fast enough to catch what they hunt he’s similar to coverdogs mutt but allot heavier the other 2 similar to Beddys crosses the old dogs I had in the past are probably better than the quarter breds

4 minutes ago, coco said:

Yes mate but just workman like must not race types at all but fast enough to catch what they hunt he’s similar to coverdogs mutt but allot heavier the other 2 similar to Beddys crosses the old dogs I had in the past are probably better than the quarter breds

Would you say your 1/2x dog is 1 of the best dog you have had on the hill mate?? Have you ever bred off him mate?? Atb cbx 

2 hours ago, chrisbullx said:

Would you say your 1/2x dog is 1 of the best dog you have had on the hill mate?? Have you ever bred off him mate?? Atb cbx 

He’s on par with the old dogs I had here couple of years ago but that line burned out I bred to tight in the end this dog then came down from Scotland and I’ve moved on with them the half cross mind is a pleasure to own and work reminds me much of my old lines like I said quarter bred are good but not a scratch on him breeding yes this year soon hopefully have 5 and all gone as I like atb

Edited by coco
51 minutes ago, coco said:

He’s on par with the old dogs I had here couple of years ago but that line burned out I bred to tight in the end this dog then came down from Scotland and I’ve moved on with them the half cross mind is a pleasure to own and work reminds me much of my old lines like I said quarter bred are good but not a scratch on him breeding yes this year soon hopefully have 5 and all gone as I like atb

Thanks for reply’s mate & hopefully I’ll get a bitch to put my mates GWP over mate as he’s a cracker & if I do the breeding in future & there’s enough mate you more than welcome to 1 mate atb cbx 

16 minutes ago, chrisbullx said:

Thanks for reply’s mate & hopefully I’ll get a bitch to put my mates GWP over mate as he’s a cracker & if I do the breeding in future & there’s enough mate you more than welcome to 1 mate atb cbx 

Thanks very much but this will be my last breeding and probably my last Lurcher but thanks again  atb