Flushing whippets

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been spending most my time watching the 2 whippets work the land, this is one of my best hunting styles, flushing rabbits from cover, plenty action, the whippets put a good shift in, atb bobza

My favourite style of hunting. Good to just get on a high spot and watch the dogs working. Had my pup out this week. Just starting to range out and search through the cover   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, white van man said:

My favourite style of hunting. Good to just get on a high spot and watch the dogs working. Had my pup out this week. Just starting to range out and search through the cover 

47B67F1B-D916-420F-B212-98BCE0289136.jpeg

Now that's a cracking animal, very nice ?

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Black neck said:

What it's all about scratching about the hedges watching the dogs work 

I'm not keen on blanking at night tho if I'm honest 

I have up here night vision crew have been on a lot of my permission I have a farm 100 acres or so lifting with rabbits very good mate of mine infact but his lads got into shooting so lost a lot of rabbits 40+ a night on rim fires with night sites what’s the sport in that went out twice last week but one night it was lashing down so put it down to that and then went a couple days after and not seen a thing no Charlie’s no rabbits or anything plenty of spent shells at the hedge rows tho been going  on there since I was 10 year old with my old shitty air rifles that wouldn’t knock a can over never mind a rabbit and lost it over night but it’s his dads place so I can’t say owt 

Edited by Gaz_Lurcherlad

Lads I got my dogs from years ago used lurchers x lurcher small stamp biggest one was 23 and funnily enough a bitch . They worked all cover with a dog always waiting for a bolter working the outside of the hedge bushes brambles etc .I have too agree this is the best and my favourite type of lurcher work by a mile followed by working open ground at night no lamp and ferreting were the odds were always in favour of the rabbit. I once got lucky and got given a load of permission in skipton were I did 40+ rabbit in a few hours bolting with ferrets to the dogs and I swore never again granted there was hundreds on but hand balling 40 + rabbits on your jack was harder than hod carrying 2 +1 . Cracking pictures bud hunting for me in its purest form and the best cant beat it .

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Black neck said:

You swine furg 

Lol festive banter blacky lol ?.

That bitch just goes to prove that not all dogs with bull blood are pug ugly curs ?

Only joking mate lol, but that bitch is very nice ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 1