Flushing whippets

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been spending most my time watching the 2 whippets work the land, this is one of my best hunting styles, flushing rabbits from cover, plenty action, the whippets put a good shift in, atb bobza

My favourite style of hunting. Good to just get on a high spot and watch the dogs working. Had my pup out this week. Just starting to range out and search through the cover   

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, fred90 said:

what they like in thick cover bobza? what I mean is will they enter brambles and nettles, work through hedgerows? it's a genuine question as I have only had outcross whippets. always fancied a pure. 

They will go were ever there's a rabbit, the land you see them on is the type of land they exel on, the days of working hedge rows nettles and brambles are a time of my past I hope, would think a terrier would be a good choice for that sort of hunting with a runner on the outside to catch any boaters, atb bobza

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, bobza said:

They will go were ever there's a rabbit, the land you see them on is the type of land they exel on, the days of working hedge rows nettles and brambles are a time of my past I hope, would think a terrier would be a good choice for that sort of hunting with a runner on the outside to catch any boaters, atb bobza

Cheers. its mostly railway embankments, paddocks, hedgerows where I am. I have a half cross and she is a good solid marker and finder. she will catch on decent runs but it's a lot to ask of one dog to get in cover shift its rabbit and then get back out and catch it. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, fred90 said:

Cheers. its mostly railway embankments, paddocks, hedgerows where I am. I have a half cross and she is a good solid marker and finder. she will catch on decent runs but it's a lot to ask of one dog to get in cover shift its rabbit and then get back out and catch it. 

I do a bit o that wi these clowns