Ferret housing/care

Hi all.

I'm finally in a position where I am able to get my own ferrets. I wouldn’t say I’m a beginner to ferreting but I have never been able to have my own ferrets until now. and if I’m honest haven’t been ferreting for a few years now when I used to go on a weekly basis with family and friends. 

Any advice of housing/ferret care? I am thinking of getting two Albino Jills and looking to get them both spayed/neutered.

any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

I have mine in a court... easy to hose down and disinfect.

20191116_142948.jpg.45f1ef568f100bf2bfbc5aff6c7e2a0d.jpg

10x4x6 foot partly covered one end (4foot). Hutch is accessable by pipe and other pipes to get to other areas once again easily cleaned with the hose.

Every other day toilets cleaned and new shavings in.

And the other days food taken out and fresh in (winter time) 

Evening feeds, taken out in morning. (Summer time) because of flies.

One thing i would suggest when making court is...

Think about ease of cleaning and feeding as you have to do it almost daily and a complete clean every week.

Also a good idea to have a store near for shavings, bedding, defrosting foods and cleaning equiptment. ive built mine under the hutch.

Have fun they are great little critters i can go and sit in with mine for ages.

FF

My court is position north to south so as they get sun all day but not in the same place.

Edited by Furrosious ferreter
  • Like 6
7 minutes ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

They have 2 big bowls a water in the court and normally a bottle on the hutch.

Just replaced the hutch on the end.

FF

Mate I was in no way criticising you, you have a nice set up and would love to do the same if I had the room. I was just saying to Kent hunter I would have two sources of water, a Hammock and some wavy coil like yours.Atb.

Cheers Arry

On 17/11/2019 at 20:09, KentHunter2019 said:

Hi all.

I'm finally in a position where I am able to get my own ferrets. I wouldn’t say I’m a beginner to ferreting but I have never been able to have my own ferrets until now. and if I’m honest haven’t been ferreting for a few years now when I used to go on a weekly basis with family and friends. 

Any advice of housing/ferret care? I am thinking of getting two Albino Jills and looking to get them both spayed/neutered.

any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

I've got a two tiered hutch here if you want it, free of charge and I'm only a  short drive from you.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

Thats his ferreting bag...?

FF

That's my daughter just back from landsorotten,the lucky bitch..a week of sunshine before the xmass madness begins...well for some huh?