H&N slugs looking good

11 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

I don’t think you could expect any better than that, what is it that you shot at? I can’t make it out vm. Anyway, you’ve got me. I’m going to have to get myself one of these fac crowns. ?

40 mm work top but just gone over to 25 mm  Minerva worktop which is a solid man made acrylic and tough as hell  , pellets and slugs just flattered out , no going through or bouncing off 

18 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

I don’t think you could expect any better than that, what is it that you shot at? I can’t make it out vm. Anyway, you’ve got me. I’m going to have to get myself one of these fac crowns. ?

To get them to shoot slugs , you will need to add hammer weight , bigger valve seat , two hole transfer port and modified pellet probe. You can get away with heavy hammer weight and making the transfer port hole chamfered 

Fit yourself , one person is making them in the uk at the moment , he does some great stuff for crown and impact 

At the moment I am running my at 925 FPS about 40 fpe , but when my probe and TP arrive should be getting about 43 ish fpe 

I will test energy range when the bits are fitted with pellets , has you really need high eights to run slugs 

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, villaman said:

Fit yourself , one person is making them in the uk at the moment , he does some great stuff for crown and impact 

At the moment I am running my at 925 FPS about 40 fpe , but when my probe and TP arrive should be getting about 43 ish fpe 

I will test energy range when the bits are fitted with pellets , has you really need high eights to run slugs 

Nice one vm, it will be interesting to see how you get on will both pellets and slugs?

You doing any normal shooting these days Mitch?! All this high end, high power stuff.... you’ve changed... I don’t even know what a “mildoton” is... ?

Be mint to see some of the gory details on these FX’s your running now. They used on any live game like or more experimental power testing and that? 

Hope your well me old China. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Rez said:

You doing any normal shooting these days Mitch?! All this high end, high power stuff.... you’ve changed... I don’t even know what a “mildoton” is... ?

Be mint to see some of the gory details on these FX’s your running now. They used on any live game like or more experimental power testing and that? 

Hope your well me old China. 

Bloody phone Rez with mill dot 

yes they are used on live game , but I don’t post in the hunting section anymore 

• Like 2

I love my crown rfb and its a su8b 12 iv not had a rifle under 12 that can shoot out to 100+yrds with ease

iv been offered a night out with pav and im going to use his fac crown

iv a feeling ill not want to pick mine back up lol

just wish they made slugs for sub 12 but as Mitch says they need higher power to shoot them accurately

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2