I have had the last two I had snipped around now (6 months old) so they were all healed and ready for “action” come spring, both hobs (one is now dead of old age other still doing the job) have taken 6-10 jills a summer out of season no problem and I never had a jill pregnant via one of them. If your not sure just ring the vet you plan on getting to do the procedure and ask them. 

Aye the vet will want to operate when his nuts are down makes it easier on them , them you got to wait till the recommended time is up to try him on one jill wait another 6 six weeks to see if its worked and all the time your jills are still in season and loosing a bit of condition bloody ferrets who would have them 

21 hours ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

Ive got a new hob...

The plan is to have him vesectomised to take my jills out of season.

He is this years litter...

Do i have to wait till he comes into season himself before he can have the snip?

Can anyone give me some advice please?

Cheers 

FF

20191116_144323.jpg.d616baed0a199d68372651d9bbd791ee.jpg

His on the left...

I don't know if that's their permanent cage?

But I'd change that chicken wire for a stronger gauge, they will bite their way through that.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, The one said:

Aye the vet will want to operate when his nuts are down makes it easier on them , them you got to wait till the recommended time is up to try him on one jill wait another 6 six weeks to see if its worked and all the time your jills are still in season and loosing a bit of condition bloody ferrets who would have them 

I asked at my vet. It was an old Scottish eccentric vet and the guy said the testing afterwards was more than the operation 'In 40years I've never had one come back as failed but you can pay it if you want'. I'm guna get one done this time.