Possibly looking for a dog

Right sorry for the long post but here goes I’m not really a terrier man more in to Lurchers but I’ve always had a terrier about the place just for mooching bushing and a few rats the bitch I have now is a Lakeland Russel she is coming up 11 and just doesn’t have the same energy she used to I won’t get rid of her she is here for life but I’m thinking of getting a new dog in I’m inclined to go for a beddy type or fell type but I wouldn’t be bothered as long as it come from the right stuff even a slightly older dog so my question is is there anything about please?

• Like 1

No mate I don’t like I said I’ve never been in to terriers always had one about though I have asked a couple of people I know but they only know of digging dogs and I don’t want a digging dog I’m not asking for a gift just if someone knew of a litter or even something a little older about I know it’s a bad time of year but I’m not desperate for a puppy now I can wait

3 hours ago, General lee said:

No mate I don’t like I said I’ve never been in to terriers always had one about though I have asked a couple of people I know but they only know of digging dogs and I don’t want a digging dog I’m not asking for a gift just if someone knew of a litter or even something a little older about I know it’s a bad time of year but I’m not desperate for a puppy now I can wait

Would a terrier x spaniel or beagle something along those  lines Not suit you better for a bushing dog for your lurchers rather than a terrier with the tendency to go to ground mate  

4 hours ago, General lee said:

Yeh I have thought about that but most of the ground I work with the busher is close to roads I’m worried with the beagle or spaniel blood it would have a tendency to range out to far

The spaniel crossed what I've seen bin more controllable than terriers ?‍♂️

• Like 2