Kenya terror attack SAS operator to get valor award

11 hours ago, waltjnr said:

To be fair he only did what anyone of the guys out of the airgun forum would have done, just minus the debate over caliber! ? 

Seriously, brave guy and good to know we have the best special forces in the world! ? 

The Airgun lads would have taken all 4 out .............2 with a .177 and the remainder with a .22 just to avoid the debate 

• Haha 5
33 minutes ago, delswal said:

The Airgun lads would have taken all 4 out .............2 with a .177 and the remainder with a .22 just to avoid the debate 

They would definite had a discussion about what to have used first , the .22 boys would have been there as back up in case the .177 didn’t cut the mustard ..

Must be un nerving to know if you come up against the SAS you will only ever be in second spot , and the only thing they dish out for second spot is a large wooden box ...well done that man ! 

• Like 2

It's a question I've asked myself many times, here in the mornings on the metro. If an attack happened how would I react. Zero combat training but if I was in a position to act, would I....

This man didn't hesitate and I reckon if he didn't have to get on the dog to superiors, he would have been in there a lot sooner. Takes a certain type to knowingly enter into that situation, regardless of training.

They'll probably haul him before a court in 10 years because he hurt the feelings of the two twats he put under ?‍♂️

• Like 2
6 hours ago, waltjnr said:

To be fair he only did what anyone of the guys out of the airgun forum would have done, just minus the debate over caliber! ? 

Seriously, brave guy and good to know we have the best special forces in the world! ? 

Just a shame the powers that be won’t give Blair mayne his, all to do with stupid politics in the armed forces, hat off to the guy in the thread is about, be nice if they were operating on home soil taking out the terrorists on the quiet

• Like 1

How unlucky were those lads? Ok, they weren't probably expecting to get out alive but the plan would have been to kill as many unarmed civilians a possible, and unfortunately they did terrible damage, but the last thing that they would of expected would have been to come against the SAS! 'He deserves a medal' is an overused  in mostly undeserving phrase these days but not this time.

Just a shame the awarding could not be televised to the nation. Maybe his identity could be protected by wearing a Spitting Image style Jeremy Corbyn mask?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“He who dares Rodney , he who dares my son “

the reason he’ll be getting little publicity is that in reality he’s probably just a very regular down to earth lad which makes it even more extraordinary 

his place will never be with those timid souls of this world who knew neither victory or defeat 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, socks said:

I can’t believe he is having a medal he only killed two of them ? he will Definitely get some ribbing in the mess for that ......

His extremely large cast iron bollocks likely hindered him tactically. 

4 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Just a shame the powers that be won’t give Blair mayne his, all to do with stupid politics in the armed forces, hat off to the guy in the thread is about, be nice if they were operating on home soil taking out the terrorists on the quiet

And Laba should've got the VC for Mirbat.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

“He who dares Rodney , he who dares my son “

the reason he’ll be getting little publicity is that in reality he’s probably just a very regular down to earth lad which makes it even more extraordinary 

his place will never be with those timid souls of this world who knew neither victory or defeat 

If he was a yank navy seal Hollywood would have had a blockbuster out on him already and he'd currently be doing his book tour! LOL

• Like 2
6 hours ago, socks said:

I can’t believe he is having a medal he only killed two of them ? he will Definitely get some ribbing in the mess for that ......

They would have called you mate but you don’t have any fingers left since you took up knife making ! Lol 

• Haha 2