Hare & Chorizo Pasty

This is the third attempt at making pasty’s this week, starting with braised venison in the first batch, then chicken, garlic & shitaki mushrooms in the next & finally the best..... Hare & Chorizo, which was the bollocks!

D86484FA-D855-4FC6-AAE1-ACBE6A6C102D.jpeg

93D0102C-3BE0-41E5-BE07-CFE642434935.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

What fcuk is mrs accip doing while your prancing about kitchen ?

does look good even tho a gay cooked it?

She’s just sat there giving me the odd yank on my sub-slave chain.....?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

If you like strong cheeses, try getting hold of Catalan fuet and make it with that. I made a lamb stew with it, on advice and fuuck me was it good. I tend to add a bit to most casseroles and stews now.

I do like strong cheeses. Never heard of Catalan fuet....... this may be a stupid question, but do you think I’d get it in the Basque Country or near by regions? We will be there again in the area next year ?

11 hours ago, Outofnowhere said:

My mate has me a hare, what's the recipe please fella i'll give these a go thanks 

Here you go mate....... this made 4 pasty’s

1 back leg of hare

100g of chorizo (diced)

1 carrot

1 onion

1 celery stick

1 garlic clove (finely chopped)

500ml of chicken/beef stock 50/50 mix....... or whatever!

mixed dry herbs

I fried the chorizo until it released its oil then set aside & then browned the hare leg in the chorizo oil

Meanwhile I fried the vege in duck fat then added a bit of flour to thicken the liquid for when I added the stock. I then added the rest to the pot & slow cooked on a very low oven for 4-5 hours.

Once cooked I removed the leg to take all the meat off the bone & then reduced the cooking sauce until very little liquid was left, returned the meat & allowed to cool completely.

Then assembled the pasry’s with ready rolled puff pastry, cutting out circular pieces to fold over the hare mixture. Baked for 30mins at 180

It was all just improvised mate, but that’s the general idea ?

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Accip74 said:

I do like strong cheeses. Never heard of Catalan fuet....... this may be a stupid question, but do you think I’d get it in the Basque Country or near by regions? We will be there again in the area next year ?

To be honest I'm not sure. It's a cured meat like salami, chorizo etc but it is way different. It has that sweaty feet smell/taste that adds real depth to the meal.

I take it you'll be driving down? Will you not be coming down through the pyrenees? If so, you'll be in Cataluña ya mong, buy some then ? if not, I can always send ya some ;)

3 hours ago, mushroom said:

To be honest I'm not sure. It's a cured meat like salami, chorizo etc but it is way different. It has that sweaty feet smell/taste that adds real depth to the meal.

I take it you'll be driving down? Will you not be coming down through the pyrenees? If so, you'll be in Cataluña ya mong, buy some then ? if not, I can always send ya some ;)

We always drive down via Bordeaux & into the Basque Country along the coast. If I can’t get it I’ll hold you to that offer ?

cheers for the suggestion ?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

We always drive down via Bordeaux & into the Basque Country along the coast. If I can’t get it I’ll hold you to that offer ?

cheers for the suggestion ?

Are we talking French Basque or the Spanish ones? ?

If you're too lazy to drive via Catauña...I'll fuucking send it to ya ?

3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Are we talking French Basque or the Spanish ones? ?

If you're too lazy to drive via Catauña...I'll fuucking send it to ya ?

Spanish mate. Last couple of years we have stayed an hour from Bilbao in the mountains & in Bilbao last year. Next year San Sebastian, then further along to Galicia. 

One day we drove from where we were staying in the Basque mountains to Zaragoza, then back via Pamplona to tolasa & casa Julian restaurant in 11 hours with a 6 & 4 year old. We ain’t lazy mate! ?

There's a very good chap on here from zaragoza ;) Good pig hunting ?

If you're driving, you pass through Cataluña buy the fuet yourself lol

If you like food, san sebastian is incredible. But if you love seafood, go north to the coast.. Galicia is the bollocks

• Like 1