Having trouble getting pup to pickup

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's past his prime and aproching 9 but he can still catch a few 

Your only 10 mins from me give me a pm and I'll take you out with my little rabbit dog, I'll help you get yours going 

Someone's got a scruffier yard than me  I'm delighted 

Posted Images

Just now, jcm said:

Like I said mate play games with her to stimulate her mouth tug of war etc 

I seen that on google a while ago but shes always been very mouth with toys and me shes got no issues sinking her teeth in me 

2 minutes ago, jcm said:

Take her ferreting let her mouth a rabbit in the net 

That was my first thought but i dont know any one else into this or people with dogs/ferrets im only young and used to go hunting with my dad and grandad when i was a kid and ive decided to get back into it but its just me, do you think could catch a rabbit live with a snare? 

I try an pick rabbits wisely for young dogs being bought on the furthest out in the field try an work out we’re there likely headed an walk out from that spot with young dogs I keep cool as a cucumber as there learning an Rome wasn’t built in a day some young uns want to just run them to begin with but as said the penny will drop there want to catch soon as they learn how the new fascinating game runs 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, poxon said:

I try an pick rabbits wisely for young dogs being bought on the furthest out in the field try an work out we’re there likely headed an walk out from that spot with young dogs I keep cool as a cucumber as there learning an Rome wasn’t built in a day some young uns want to just run them to begin with but as said the penny will drop there want to catch soon as they learn how the new fascinating game runs 

Yeah im just gunna stick to it keep getting her out