Help me with some London trip ideas please gents.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your not going to be amongst proper Londoners in Central London your going to be amongst people like you....tourists ? If your starting off right over in Paddington why dont you get yourself a tr

Well enjoyed our trip, it was an intensive fly by the seat of your pants job. As it was two half days and one night...we did serious miles considering I have a 6 and 8 yr old, managed lunch at a Leban

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Borr said:

Just had a look at brick lane bagels,  they look amazing, and my lot don't get excited about our or mash, much appreciated, I'll be going there ?

Theres 2 shops a couple doors away from eachother.Go to the Bagel Bake the blue and white shop on the right which will probably have a queue coming out the door and up the pavement.

• Like 2

Pie & Mash,Jellied Eels etc are just good cheap traditional daytime convenience foods its hardly a gourmet meal !.......i dont go a bundle on Eccles Cakes or Cornish Pasties but respect the traditions that go with them in the areas they are from and will give them a go when there......nobody walks out of Manzes licking their lips in ecstatic culinary satisfaction but you've filled a hole sat around common local folk. 

• Like 5

I've booked the London central kings cross, Sid recommended one is already booked up it'll be around half term , I'll probably give pie and mash a go, my dad enjoyed all that, although there's not much left of the Paddington he knew so not worth taking my boys there. Gonna hit the natural history hard as kids love all that, then some food a tube ride somewhere, maybe a wander along the river , they'll be made up.

• Like 1

I just suggested a river cruise , so may be on the cards, my mate offered me his mod discount for the eye and was still £70 I've done it but I think the river cruise is a better one , and it's something I've not done in London ?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Borr said:

I just suggested a river cruise , so may be on the cards, my mate offered me his mod discount for the eye and was still £70 I've done it but I think the river cruise is a better one , and it's something I've not done in London ?

The kids are going to love it, one of the best cities on the face of the planet ?

• Like 1

You're never going to see much of London in a short stay you're better off in my opinion picking a few things you'd like to see/do and just committing days to them....trying to do too much on any City break is exhausting and you end up not giving things your full attention......ive done City breaks before and ended stressed up to the eyeballs and needing a holiday when i got home !

6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

You're never going to see much of London in a short stay you're better off in my opinion picking a few things you'd like to see/do and just committing days to them....trying to do too much on any City break is exhausting and you end up not giving things your full attention......ive done City breaks before and ended stressed up to the eyeballs and needing a holiday when i got home !

Yep agreed, literally day one museum , day two cruise anything else a result I think the spectacle of it will amaze them tbh. Easy life, if I land of food I want that'll be me sorted

1 hour ago, Borr said:

Yep agreed, literally day one museum , day two cruise anything else a result I think the spectacle of it will amaze them tbh. Easy life, if I land of food I want that'll be me sorted

If you want to go up the river take a boat to Greenwhich and go in the Naval museum, look round the market etc…..it’s brilliant, then you simply get the boat back again.

Naval museum costs nothing to get into and if you want a heart attack you can climb the hill and go in the Royal Observatory as well 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, downsouth said:

Theres 2 shops a couple doors away from eachother.Go to the Bagel Bake the blue and white shop on the right which will probably have a queue coming out the door and up the pavement.

Don’t go to the other one they’ve cockroach infestation 

If you do a river cruise double it up with the cable car it’s pretty good it’s also close to the dome, also there used to be a decent Pie & Mash in Woolwich near the cable car and dome, also hopefully it’s still there Kelly’s Pie & Mash in Bethnal Green Road and one in Roman road which is the Far East end of Bethnal Green Road which isn’t too far from Kings Cross, take it from some one who lived in the East End the Bagel shop is a must visit.

TFL.GOV.UK

Emirates Air Line. Find out about London's cable car across the River Thames

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Well enjoyed our trip, it was an intensive fly by the seat of your pants job. As it was two half days and one night...we did serious miles considering I have a 6 and 8 yr old, managed lunch at a Lebanese spot, natural history museum, burritos , British museum, open top river cruise , pub lunch in the anchor on the Thames, a miriad of tube rides , black cabs , Hyde park , best bit for me was kids punching tickets, riding the tube and escalators, they loved it, I feel we're prepped for a proper visit maybe next year...

• Like 5