Help me with some London trip ideas please gents.

In the daytime on the weekend id take a boat down to Greenwhich, experience the market and all the various street food there then upto the naval museum (which is free of charge) then around the naval college (again free of charge), if you get time you can blow your lungs up that f***ing hill and go to the observatory too.

Then, theatre and a meal in the evening......you have done a lot for not a lot of money.

• Like 2

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your not going to be amongst proper Londoners in Central London your going to be amongst people like you....tourists ? If your starting off right over in Paddington why dont you get yourself a tr

Well enjoyed our trip, it was an intensive fly by the seat of your pants job. As it was two half days and one night...we did serious miles considering I have a 6 and 8 yr old, managed lunch at a Leban

Posted Images

5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

The Scotsman went all upmarket a few years ago the stage is still there and all that grotty old wood panelling but its all poncey craft beers now.....for beer & boobs East London is hands down the prime spot particularly around Shoreditch and Old Street.....Browns or The Horns are still great little gaffs that havent been bogged down with all societies latest rules !

Is the Old Axe or the "old axe wound" still going? Remember the scotsman well, ugliest, roughest strippers I've ever seen! Used to work around the King's Cross Grays Inn Rd area, don't recognize it these days!

Block paved the rear of the betting shop on walthamstow high street,good bit of grub at lunch too.my mrs booked us into the lion king,i told her i wont like it,i fell asleep after 5mins all the way threw it.never took me again.rather sit outside a pub and watch the goings on.

On 17/11/2019 at 14:41, robertb123 said:

Is the Old Axe or the "old axe wound" still going? Remember the scotsman well, ugliest, roughest strippers I've ever seen! Used to work around the King's Cross Grays Inn Rd area, don't recognize it these days!

Ye Old Axe is still there,again not being bias but i do think the East London beer & boobs boozers have always been far superior to north or south....yes you are right the Scotsmans birds were rough as f**k junkie types but around Shoreditch they are mostly young Brazilian girls trying to pay off their student loans in their best East European accents ?

Ye Old Axe is only a couple of hundred yards from Browns,which is a stones throw from The Horns run by the same people....then theres The Ten Bells,Rainbow Sports Bar,Venus and The Griffin in Farringdon,The Nags Head in Aldgate where the music go,s down and the girls have to put their coats on when the Jack the Ripper Tour stops by !....Metropolis in Hackney.....basically its just wall to wall fanny ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 16/11/2019 at 18:14, Jonjon79 said:

Honestly, I have no idea mate - the last time I went was a panto while I was still at school.

I don't fancy one of the small scale trendy things or, anything too political. 

.......... apart from that, I'm pretty open minded - I saw a few ads a while back for the Lion King stage show, that looked pretty good :thumbs:

My misses and daughters are regular theatre goers(not my thing) recently watched the lion king mate and say it’s up there with the best, don’t no what else is available but they tell me billy Elliot is the best ever and war horse is also in the top 3, as for London I,m not great with crowds so can’t help with that bit but think gnash has pretty much got that covered, have a good time whatever you choose ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Ye Old Axe is still there,again not being bias but i do think the East London beer & boobs boozers have always been far superior to north or south....yes you are right the Scotsmans birds were rough as f**k junkie types but around Shoreditch they are mostly young Brazilian girls trying to pay off their student loans in their best East European accents ?

Ye Old Axe is only a couple of hundred yards from Browns,which is a stones throw from The Horns run by the same people....then theres The Ten Bells,Rainbow Sports Bar,Venus and The Griffin in Farringdon,The Nags Head in Aldgate where the music go,s down and the girls have to put their coats on when the Jack the Ripper Tour stops by !....Metropolis in Hackney.....basically its just wall to wall fanny ?

Well I was asking you the wrong questions wasn't I! 

I should've asked where's the fanny, not where's the restaurants ?‍♂️?

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

My misses and daughters are regular theatre goers(not my thing) recently watched the lion king mate and say it’s up there with the best, don’t no what else is available but they tell me billy Elliot is the best ever and war horse is also in the top 3, as for London I,m not great with crowds so can’t help with that bit but think gnash has pretty much got that covered, have a good time whatever you choose ?

I don't mind theatre but have to say I prefer stuff like classical orchestra and nutcracker dancing types. 

• 2 years later...

I'm gonna take my boys to natural history museum, I fancy a pie and mash shop if any recommendations please and maybe fish market , few tube rides , thinking of travelling in from Andover from a mates place. Nothing too much just a bit of old London. Any other gems recommended Tia ....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Borr said:

I'm gonna take my boys to natural history museum, I fancy a pie and mash shop if any recommendations please and maybe fish market , few tube rides , thinking of travelling in from Andover from a mates place. Nothing too much just a bit of old London. Any other gems recommended Tia ....

London zoo was good when I went as a 10/12 year old. 

19 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

London zoo was good when I went as a 10/12 year old. 

Pretty sure I got taken there to see the British record carp as a kid, but it'd lost a load of weight or died I forget....

5 hours ago, Borr said:

The pies in them pie n mash shops are a load of shit,Saying that the mash aint to clever either.Youd be better off going to Brick Lane and trying a nice salt beef bagel and a slab of cheesecake.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, downsouth said:

The pies in them pie n mash shops are a load of shit,Saying that the mash aint to clever either.Youd be better off going to Brick Lane and trying a nice salt beef bagel and a slab of cheesecake.

Just had a look at brick lane bagels,  they look amazing, and my lot don't get excited about our or mash, much appreciated, I'll be going there ?

• Like 1