Today's hunting.

Used my .63 flintlock today and it always pleases.

I used some wads and nitro cards I pulled from 20g cartridges in summer.

I just used the nitro card on the powder and put the olive oil soaked fibre wad on top of the shot. Worked well, using #5 shot today I got two squirrels, two pigeons and a cock pheasant. I missed some winged vermin and a third pigeon.

IMG_20191115_175617_116.jpg.0c7de2b08bf420f4f2c3d43f8c1ae617.jpg

I did a little experiment too.

I loaded five large balls loose in a greased patch after the powder and nitro card. Check this thirty yard group.

IMG_20191115_135456368.jpg.8141323ecc53570a6253a537a4bceee5.jpg

I was aiming for the brick behind the trigger so needed to hold a little lower but I think it's a good group.

I got home with some daylight left so grabbed the 410 and went to the egg unit to move the camera and get in a spinney for a squirrel up there too. I got two more squirrels and a big old pheasant too.

GIF-191115_181052.gif.bfad6aea6fb3b757aaba6ee4610828e0.gif

That's me done....or should I go ratting later...hmmm

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

You had a good day then SD. I’ve been taking advantage of a drier day by getting my roof tiled. Not as enjoyable as your foray though? not quite. A decent pattern with the five ball load? I wonder how a single ball would perform? Unfortunately we will never know?. Good shooting ?

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Thanks all. You gotta have a good roof RFB!

Tomorrow is chores day for me, starting with the leaves! Bloody things are everywhere. Then the Mrs will come up with extra stuff no doubt!

Chores day..... there lies the reason there will never be a mrs brown mk3

me and the kids are happy as pigs in sh1t literally?

I need a cleaner?and a gardener 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Quote:-     Tomorrow is chores day for me, starting with the leaves! Bloody things are everywhere. 

I did my leaves yesterday, the quickest and easiest job..................................while the garden was flooded, all the leaves were floating so I walked around with the landing net and hey presto, all clear.   

20191108_070920_zps2lgsrclw.jpg

Well, some good things have to come from the bad things, it just depends how you look at them...........................must have a look for the fish ?

Phil

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Nice going SD, fantastic way to spend a day, house work for me today ( only because it’s pouring down you understand) I’ve been at it for 3 hours now and thought I’d have a wander out with the shotgun until I looked out the window and seen one of the missus pet rabbits doing lengths of the garden, so it looks like I’m stuck in today, 

hope the rain holds off for you philpot so that has time to get away before it’s at your door 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, philpot said:

Quote:-     Tomorrow is chores day for me, starting with the leaves! Bloody things are everywhere. 

I did my leaves yesterday, the quickest and easiest job..................................while the garden was flooded, all the leaves were floating so I walked around with the landing net and hey presto, all clear.   

20191108_070920_zps2lgsrclw.jpg

Well, some good things have to come from the bad things, it just depends how you look at them...........................must have a look for the fish ?

Phil

Ouch, that's not good!

Best wishes mate.

• Thanks 1