Dog coughing

Similar thing has happened to mine recently...vet said that it's an infection going round over here at the moment, might be the same in the uk. He said to touch at the base of the neck where the trachea is, if a little bit of pressure it makes it cough it's tracheobronchitis.

Mine had an injection and a course of antibiotics, luckily I have a good vet that doesn't charge a lot...

He also said the best way to prevent it was to make sure the dogs warm before and after running. 

45 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

I had the same with a deerhound.she had a diagramatic hernia.just a little cough every couple of minutes but her liver ended up in her chest cavity after running into something.

GB off the topic what deerhound lines were she off as I have a Cooklands first cross but looking towards a pure in the future,cheers My hounds.

Just now, my hounds said:

GB off the topic what deerhound lines were she off as I have a Cooklands first cross but looking towards a pure in the future,cheers My hounds.

It was a platts bred bitch.nothing to do with the breeding though,we think she hit a concrete water trough.

21 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

It was a platts bred bitch.nothing to do with the breeding though,we think she hit a concrete water trough.

Agree nothing to do with the breeding an unfortunate accident,sent you a PM heres a link to click onto through interest https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/119437157/genuine-english-deerhounds.html?link=%2Fsearch%3Fkeyword%3Ddeerhounds%26sectionId%3D2154

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Cough in a jook can mean plenty of things as we all know ,any dog coughing over any time should go vets ,yes could be nothing but it could be lungworm ! Sometimes no sighns are there until the cough comes .

and regular worming don't always work .

To treat lungworm(not saying in this case though)a course of Milbemax should clear it up