Straps on a Cumbrian Basket

Arry

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well  I tried it today and for me it works, just wants some refining. A lot easier on the neck. Cheers Arry  

how much netting are you putting in mate, i like the 4z, that knocks a bit of weight off and i also set my poles at 6yds. I only use my big basket when i need a load of netting, normally i jst take 2

We are all different, I personally prefer my style of basket, the medium one is my go to basket when i'm out on my own. I've made quite a few other types of baskets over the years, some were good, som

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Arry said:

Hi mate how is your back now?

Going to give the straps with hooks on a try, tried it at home and all the weight seems to be on my shoulders, you can reach the two straps quite easy and then just clip them on to the edge of the flat bottom support.

Cheers Arry

Back is still f*cked, on permanent pain killers etc which are knocking the shite out of me but hey ho could be worse.  I dont know how folk get on with an 8z or 10z longnet, 6z gets a tad heavy if your running about with a fully loaded basket. imagine picking up a wet 100 yard 10z traditional longnet ?  

• Sad 1

I will be on the market for a few new nets netmaker, just need to go through them all. I know my hemp nets are rotton because I never dryed them out ! We thought we were seeing things when the rabbits started running straight through them lol.

• Haha 4
14 minutes ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

how much netting are you putting in mate, i like the 4z, that knocks a bit of weight off and i also set my poles at 6yds. I only use my big basket when i need a load of netting, normally i jst take 2 tiny baskets with 48yds of 4z in each, does most things i need to do.

DSC_1585.JPG

where did you get your basket from bud I am after a frame not bothered about the bag nice jukel by the way