What meat are you feeding your ferrets on

It just comes to simple economics  for me i keep 3 freezers  and i try to keep them full  its easier to get dog meat than ferret food during the summer  so during the spring i start filling them up with ferret food  , the gamekeepers offer me lots of stuff but if you knock them back they wont offer it again so its easier to take it and spread it or  out pass it on if you don't want it . But chicken carccess come in at 50 to 56 pence a kilo , but then i found a butcher that does a lot of chicken dishes , and i get a bag of what he calls chicken bones £1 for 5 kilo  but there hit and miss any chicken carccasses he hasnt sold going out of date he slices into inch slices (To stop you using them for eating ??? )  other times its bones trimmed out or skin some times its just wing tips But at a £1 to feed 12 ferrets for a week and the dogs get a couple of feed of bones im not complaining

Rabbits that’s pretty much it, got a big old chest freezer for summer. The odd bird if I am given them but they only eat flesh and whole carcasses at that. I got some skinny kits off someone in the summer and parents where skinny also, he said they are greyhound ferrets and always slim (? ok mate) 4 months later kits are fat as you like and put on weight very fast with me, what was the other guy feeding them....kibble. Ferrets need flesh end of. 

• Like 4