What meat are you feeding your ferrets on

I feed mine on all sorts of meat. Woodies, ferals, crows, Pheasant, duck, even got some geese in freezer they will have if I don't like em. An usually get loads of pheasant etc from local shoots and mates for free, that's where the ducks and geese came from too.

Sometimes pick em up meat from supermarket if it's on whoopsie mince stuff or chicken legs etc. Lamb or chicken livers from supermarket only ten bob a go usually.

Don't do biscuits anymore, did with previous stinkers and I'm sure it ruined em as workers.

Oh, every now and then a rabbit if we can get one! 

Years ago i was very friendly with a man who had a fish van and he would leave me a big bag of fish guts and heads and what he couldn't sell in the telrphone box at the end of our road, and i would pick them up on my way home from work. They looked really well on it but you had to muck them out a couple of times a day because they did stink a bit. The phone box was very aromatic as well, especially in the summer.

14 hours ago, Michael elliott said:

Any one feed ferret biskits

This question nearly alway stirs up a hornets nest. Meat or kibbles? Well I feed both and every body to their own. In the past I have fed only James Wellbelove and they did live really ten years. Now its a bit of both, I have a run in the front garden were I feed meat morning and again in the evening(no were to hide the meat) then in the evening when I put them back in the hutch they have kibbles. Any cheap meat mince beef etc that on offer, they do need fat in their diet, personally I never feed rabbit, it's just my theory is to discourage them stopping on a kill. Wether this really works I don't know but I have always done it and I'm not stopping now.

I'll put my hard hat on now and wait. Lol

Cheers Arry

• Like 3