Colds and flue!

18 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Ok I just started #9 this year. They hammer me every time, probably from a career in welding.

How many have you lot had so far and is there anything better than strong liquer to get through it?

SD.

I’ve got it too atm, just have to get on with it, an absolute nusience to have, stuffy head, stinging eyes and beezer headaches, no rest for the wicked ehh lol

• Sad 1

All about vectors, young children are the main ones, as your children get older they bring back less and they and you get acquired immunity to more strains so get less colds. As a proud father to an 8 and a 3 year old I'm glad I've a good acquired immunity plus I have flue vaccination every year so reduce chance as much as possible but still at risk of new strains.

23 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Aint had a cold in years but without doubt i,ll get one after saying that !....cant help asking Sausagedog but how does being a welder make your more susceptible to colds ?

Fumes f**k the lungs 

Prevention better than cure , easy steps don’t swap air with  a flue victim dont shake hands with a potentional carrier eat chillies regular , if a mate is popping round talk to him her zee zim or whatever floating   gender they are through the letterbox ?

Edited by green lurchers
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

If that’s the manky green stuff my missus brought in here ye can ram it ? id rather die a man flu with a proper brew?

Yeah mate that’s the one, I don’t know what’s happened to me. Had a mate here last week & he was wtf? 

Even got the matcha bowl......... fully paid up member to the wankery club! ??

• Haha 2

Haven’t had a cold in years I put it down to always being outside with work and when not at work I get out as much as possible.

Cant believe some one like yourself who is always outdoors has had that many colds you want to get your immune system checked.