Net Making/repairs

Hi, just looking for a for a bit of help with repairing some purse nets I've been gifted. They are made from the nylon sheet netting and seem in good condition with the exception that the rings have become loose on the majority of them.

How do I go about re-tying the rings on? Ive knitted my own nets in the past and I'm guessing its a similar process to attaching the end ring...do I just tie the twine onto either the first mesh or the ring itself and then pick each mesh up in turn?

Also, what would be the best material/twine for doing this? Thanks in advance.

Tie a clove hitch on to the ring then a half hitch through each loop of the meshes then another clove hitch after the last mesh onto the ring. I think you have already solved you own question by the sounds of it mate. I would use the same twine as the net is made of.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
1 hour ago, andysparks said:

Hi, just looking for a for a bit of help with repairing some purse nets I've been gifted. They are made from the nylon sheet netting and seem in good condition with the exception that the rings have become loose on the majority of them.

How do I go about re-tying the rings on? Ive knitted my own nets in the past and I'm guessing its a similar process to attaching the end ring...do I just tie the twine onto either the first mesh or the ring itself and then pick each mesh up in turn?

Also, what would be the best material/twine for doing this? Thanks in advance.

Hi bud join our Facebook group got a lot of net makers with loads of advice hope this helps you too https://www.(!64.56:886/groups/183870588617164/?ref=share

1 hour ago, Arry said:

Tie a clove hitch on to the ring then a half hitch through each loop of the meshes then another clove hitch after the last mesh onto the ring. I think you have already solved you own question by the sounds of it mate. I would use the same twine as the net is made of.

Cheers Arry

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I’d better get myself some nylon twine and start repairing em.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ruggers13 said:

Hi bud join our Facebook group got a lot of net makers with loads of advice hope this helps you too https://www.(!64.56:886/groups/183870588617164/?ref=share

I haven’t got Facebook yet but there seems to be alot of decent groups on there covering hunting/ field sports now. Perhaps it’s time I joined up!

• Like 1